| ||关于the weapon cut from the final version of Mothership Zeta，参见Katana (cut)。|
The Samurai's Sword does higher damage than most other melee weapons; however, it lacks the special effects of Jingwei's Shocksword or the Shishkebab. On the other hand, it has a relatively low AP cost compared to similar weapons, allowing for more attacks in V.A.T.S.
The following table compares the Chinese Officer's Sword, it's variants, and the Samurai's Sword.
|NAME||DMG||CRIT % MULT||CRIT DMG||AP||HP||WG||VAL|
|Chinese Officer's Sword||10||2||15||28||500||3||75|
|Jingwei's Shock Sword||35||2||25||28||850||3||500|
The Samurai's Sword can be found in the Waste Disposal area of the Mothership, accessible through the Maintenance Level (which can be entered during Among the Stars). It is at the "end" of the area in a closet full of medical supplies (see Waste Disposal article for a map with the location marked).
- The sword can be given to Toshiro Kago after finding it in the Waste Disposal area.
- The sword will vanish from the Waste Disposal area once Toshiro kago leaves the group in the Engineering Core, presumably because he retrieves it (he does not actually travel there; the sword's disappearance is scripted). He will then have it with him when you meet him the next time in the Living Quarters or on the Bridge during and after the This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough... quest. At this point, it can only be obtained by reverse-pickpocketing him or looting it from his body if he dies.
- When trying to exit the Waste Disposal area, the Teleportation Matrix might not work.
- The sword might not appear if Toshiro Kago has been killed before entering the Waste Disposal area.
- It is possible to obtain two Samurai's Swords: one from the Waste Disposal area and another one from Toshiro Kago by reverse-pickpocketing him in the Living Quarters or on the Bridge, or if he dies during the battle on the Bridge.
Behind the scenes编辑
- Not to be confused with the cut content weapon Katana.
- The Katana is naturally a two-handed weapon, but it is wielded with one hand in the game.
The Katana originated in the Muromachi period (1392–1573) as a result of changing battle conditions requiring faster response times. The Katana facilitated this by being worn with the blade facing up, which allowed the samurai to draw and cut their enemy in a single motion. Previously, the curved sword of the samurai was worn with the blade facing down. The ability to draw and cut in one motion also became increasingly useful in the daily life of the samurai. It would seem that the aliens grabbed one as a keepsake.