|“||Nothing can stop a Highwayman.||”|
The Highwayman uses an electric motor that can be charged with either microfusion cells or small energy cells. It has a sizable trunk, a fuel cell controller and spacious interior able to accommodate at least seven people, even the tallest of people (including at least one super mutant, robobrain and deathclaw in the same group).
The Highwayman is the only working vehicle usable by the player in Fallout 2, can support the entire party of the Chosen One, from Marcus to Skynet. That particular Highwayman could be found in the The Den. Its missing part, the fuel cell controller, could be found in Gecko.
The battery can be charged with either microfusion cells or small energy cells. A full pack of SEC (40) charges it up 20%, a full pack of MFC (50) charges it up 50%. To refuel the car, select the Highwayman, use the "bag" icon from your drop-down menu and choose the respective energy cells. The Highwayman has also a trunk where you can store your items, with a sizable 22 cubic feet capacity.
It can be upgraded throughout the game with several items:
- Fuel cell regulator from Klamath (Found after going to the end of the Rat Caves in Trapper Town), doubles mileage. Installed by Smitty.
- Blower in NCR, improves speed. Installed by Ratch.
- Three upgrades in the Chop Shop in New Reno which include speed, trunk space and a final speed enhancement.
- T-Ray's grav plates after completion of the game.
Behind the scenes编辑
- It was mentioned in the Fallout Bible that the Highwayman was originally going to have two large fuel tanks in the back.
- There is a weapon in Fallout 3 known as Highwayman's Friend. This weapon is a reference to this vehicle as the weapon is a unique tire iron.
- A wrecked Highwayman can be found in Fallout: New Vegas, with references to the same one the Chosen One drove.