|Fallout: New Vegas add-on
Old World Blues
"The residents of the Mojave have long assumed the trackless wastes of the ‘Big Mountain' are a no-mans' land, a desolate stretch where no living thing can survive. In Old World Blues, you discover that it is anything but..."
In Old World Blues, the Courier discovers how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters (cazadores and night stalkers) came into being while unwittingly becoming a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. The Courier must scour the pre-War research centers of Big Mountain in search of technology that can either turn the tables on your kidnappers or help them fight against an even greater threat.
After being transported to the Big MT research crater, you find that you're the only hope of saving the "Think Tank" – a strange group of post-human researchers who inhabit the facility. They enlist your aid to save them from their own experiments - experiments that have gone horribly out of control and an evil scientist who threatens their lives. As you explore the Big Mountain crater and its many underground labs, you’ll confront strange mutated animals, battle terrifying new atomic robots and discover a new home base to call your own. Recover all the weapons, armor and tech of the pre-War era and use them to help save all of Science and hunt down your own brain, spine and heart which have been removed from your character in an experiment.
- Christine Royce (mentioned only)
- Doctor Klein
- Doctor Mobius
- Doctor Borous
- Doctor Dala
- Y-17 trauma override harnesses
- Yangtze camp survivors
- Doctor 0
- Doctor 8
- Biological research station
- Blind Diode Jefferson
- Book Chute
- Light Switch 01
- Light Switch 02
- Sink Auto-Doc
- Sink Central Intelligence Unit
- The Courier's brain
- Ulysses (mentioned only)
- Elijah (mentioned only)
- Night stalkers
- Spore carriers
- Spore plants
- Think tank
- Berserk Securitron Mk4
- Damaged Securitron Mk4
- Securitron Mk5
- Mister Gutsy Mk3
- Mister Gutsy Mk4
- Mister Gutsy Mk5
- Sentry bot
- Mister Orderly
- Crazed Mister Handy
- Automated turret
- Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator
- Christine's CoS recon armor
- Dr. Klein's glasses
- Dr. Klein's scrubs
- Dr. Mobius' glasses
- Dr. Mobius' scrubs
- Hazmat darklight cowl
- Hazmat suit
- Lobotomite goggles
- Lobotomite jumpsuit
- Lobotomite mask
- Lobotomite mask and goggles
- Mad scientist scrubs
- Patient gown
- Scientist scrubs
- Stealth suit Mk II
- Valence radii-accentuator
- Yangtze camp jumpsuit
- Battle brew
- Black blood sausage
- Blood sausage
- Mutant cave fungus
- Nightstalker squeezin's
- Preserved meat
- Salient Green
- Thick red paste
- Thin red paste
- Schematics - K9000 FIDO
- Recipes - Barter skill book
- Recipes - Energy Weapons skill book
- Recipes - Explosives skill book
- Recipes - Guns skill book
- Recipes - Lockpick skill book
- Recipes - Medicine skill book
- Recipes - Melee Weapons skill book
- Recipes - Repair skill book
- Recipes - Science skill book
- Recipes - Sneak skill book
- Recipes - Speech skill book
- Recipes - Survival skill book
- Recipes - Unarmed skill book
- Big Mountain Transportalponder!
- Christine's COS silencer rifle
- Corrosive glove
- Dr. Klein's glove
- Dr. Mobius' glove
- Elijah's advanced LAER
- Elijah's jury-rigged Tesla cannon
- K9000 cyberdog gun
- Proton axe
- Proton throwing axe
- Protonic inversal axe
- Protonic inversal throwing axe
- Saturnite fist
- Saturnite fist super-heated
- Scientist glove
- Scorpion rifle
- Sonic emitter
- Sonic emitter - Gabriel's bark
- Sonic emitter - opera singer
- Sonic emitter - revelation
- Sonic emitter - robo-scorpion
- Sonic emitter - tarantula
- Spider rifle
- Sterilizer glove
- X-2 antenna
- K9000 mod - Mentat chow
- K9000 mod - Resla Roil
- LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip
- LAER mod - prismatic lens
- Blank book
- Broken detonator
- Deactivated bomb collar
- Dried seeds
- Gabe's bowl
- Primer and powder pack
- Snow globe - Big MT
- Elijah's watch journal
- Big MT North Tunnel
- Big MT West Tunnel
- Construction Site
- Elijah's Watch
- Forbidden Zone
- Hazmat Testing Ground
- Higgs Village
- Little Yangtze
- Loading Station
- Magnetohydraulics Complex
- Mysterious Cave
- Saturnite Alloy Research Facility
- Securitron De-Construction Plant
- Signal Hills Transmitter
- The Cuckoo's Nest
- The Sink
- The Think Tank
- Ulysses' Point
- Waste Disintegration Platform
- X-2 Transmitter Antenna Array
- X-7a "Left Field" Artillery Launch
- X-7b "Boom Town" Target Zone
- X-8 Research Center
- X-12 Research Center
- X-13 Research Facility
- X-17 Meteorological Station
- X-22 Botanical Garden
- X-66 Hexcrete Archipelago
- Y-0 Research Center
- Y-17 Medical Facility
- Z-9 Crotalus DNA Preservation Lab
- Z-14 Pepsinae DNA Splicing Lab
- Z-38 Lightwave Dynamics Research
- Z-43 Innovative Toxins Plant
The experience points that are rewarded for quests are based on the players level upon quest completion. The total experience points available for the main storyline quests is anywhere between 3,000 (for levels 1-4) to 22,000 (for levels 45-50). The side quest experience points ranges from 75 to 500 per quest.
|Name||Recurring||Requirement||Amount to do||Perk Given||XP||Base ID|
|Automaton||Built a robot bent on destruction.||1||-||100||015b04|
|Mad Scientist||Had an experiment go horribly awry.||1||-||100||015b02|
|Evil Genius||Created an abomination.||1||-||100||015b03|
|Make up Your Mind||Made up your mind... about your brain.||1||-||500||009de2|
|Making Friends||Reactivated all of the Sink's robotic assistants.||10||-||500||011956|
|Cardiac Arrest!||Recovered X-13 cardiac regulator sneaky suit!||1||-||500||009de4|
|Caza-Death Dealer||3 ranks||Killed cazadores in the Big MT.||2/5/10||DNAvenger||00da2900da2a|
|Dog Run I/II/III||3 ranks||Completed the X-8 Basic/Advanced Testing Program/...with night stalkers!||4 runs||DNAgent||00a44600a447|
|MT Space||Visited every location in the Big MT.||35||-||100||00a44c|
|Klein Destine||Dressed in a complete set of Dr. Klein Clothes.|
(Dr. Klein's glove, Dr. Klein's glasses, Dr. Klein's scrubs)
|Mobius Strip||Dressed in a complete set of Dr. Mobius Clothes.|
(Dr. Mobius' glove, Dr. Mobius' scrubs, Dr. Mobius' glasses)
|Outer Space||Dared to venture beyond the Big MT's perimeter...more than once!||2||-||100||00a44d|
|Outsmarted||Completed Old World Blues||1||-||500||009de5|
|Spinal-Tapped||Recovered X-8 vertebrae-pulse-de-sensitizer frequency!||1||-||500||009de3|
|VR the Champions I/II/III||3 ranks||Completed the X-13 Basic/Advanced Infiltration and Robot Compliance tests||3 runs||-||100||00a44900a44a|
|Name||Level req||Other requirements||Ranks||Benefit||Base ID|
|Atomic!||20||EN 6||1||In irradiated areas, +25% move and attack speed, +2 DT, +2 ST. With excess rad level, AP regen scales from 1.1 times to 1.5 times normal.||008011|
|Mile In Their Shoes||20||Survival 25||1||You have come to understand night stalkers. Consuming night stalker squeezin's now grants bonuses to Perception (+1 PER), Poison Resistance (+5), and Stealth (+5 Sneak) in addition to the normal benefits.||009619|
|Them's Good Eatin'||20||Survival 55||1||Any living creature you kill has a 50% chance to have the potent healing items thin red paste or blood sausage when looted.||0098c9|
|Implant GRX||30||EN 8||2||You gain a non-addictive subdermal turbo (chem) injector. This perk may be taken twice, with the second rank increasing the effect from 2 to 3 seconds and the uses per day from 5 to 10 (activated in the Pip-Boy inventory).||009d48|
|Name||Unlock conditions||Ranks||Benefit||Base ID|
|Brainless||Initial dialogue with Doctor Klein in the think tank (optional to keep after completion of OWB if you keep your artificial brain)||1||Head can no longer be crippled, +25% resistance to chem addiction, +5% DT (min +1)||0098be|
|Heartless||Initial dialogue with Doctor Klein in the think tank (optional to keep after completion of OWB if you keep your artificial heart)||1||Cannot be poisoned, healing items are boosted +25%, robots have -50% crit chance.||0098c2|
|Spineless||Initial dialogue with Doctor Klein in the think tank (optional to keep after completion of OWB if you keep your artificial spine)||1||Strength+1, DT+1, torso can no longer be crippled.||0098bc|
|Big Brained||Sink Auto-Doc after Old World Blues is finished (optional to get if you take your organic brain back)||1||Head cannot be crippled, +10% resistance to chem addiction, +10% DT (min +1).||015bba|
|Cardiac Arrest||Sink Auto-Doc after Old World Blues is finished (optional to get if you take your organic heart back)||1||+50% poison resistance, healing items boosted by 50%, robots have -25% crit chance.||015bbb|
|Reinforced Spine||Sink Auto-Doc after Old World Blues is finished (optional to get if you take your organic spine back)||1||Strength+2, Damage Threshold+2||015bbc|
|DNAgent||Completion of X-8 Data Retrieval Test||1||All damage done to night stalkers is increased by 10%.||009617|
|DNAvenger||Kill two cazadores for rank 1, three more for rank 2, and another five for rank 3 of this perk. All kills must be made in the Big MT; cazadores outside the Big MT do not count.||3||All the damage done tocazadores is increased cumulatively by 10% by rank.||00da28|
Doesn't count against the Endurance limit of original implant perks.
|Name||Unlock conditions||Ranks||Benefit||Base ID|
|Implant C-13||Surgery purchased through dialogue with the Sink Auto-Doc in The Sink for 8,000 caps.||1||Plus 10% damage to cazadores||009616|
|Implant M-5||Surgery purchased through dialogue with the Sink Auto-Doc in The Sink for 10,000 caps.||1||Your crouched movement speed is increased by 20%.||009614|
|Implant Y-3||Surgery purchased through dialogue with the Sink Auto-Doc in The Sink for 12,000 caps.||1||Removes any radiation taken from drinking an irradiated water source.||009615|
|Implant Y-7||Surgery purchased through dialogue with the Sink Auto-Doc in The Sink for 20,000 caps.||1||+5 health and +2 restored action points through the consumption of food.||00961a|
|Claustrophobia||+ 1 to SPECIAL attributes while outdoors.||- 1 to SPECIAL attributes while indoors.||0133ae|
|Early Bird||+ 2 to SPECIAL attributes from 6am to 12pm.||- 1 to SPECIAL attributes from 6pm to 6am.||012767|
|Hoarder||+ 25 lbs to total carry weight.||- 1 to SPECIAL attributes while current equipment weight is below 160 lbs.||01276d|
|Hot Blooded||+ 15% damage increase while below 50% health.||- 2 to Perception and Agility while below 50% health.||01276b|
|Logan's Loophole||Chems last twice as long and addiction rates are set to zero.||Locks the level cap at 30.||01276e|
|Skilled||Gain +5 points to every skill.||You suffer -10% from experience gained.||012b86|
|Name||Requirement||Achievement points||Trophy type||Image|
|Cardiac Arrest!||Recovered X-13 cardiac regulator sneaky suit||20|||||
|Make up Your Mind||Made up your Mind... about your brain.||20|||||
|Making Friends||Reactivated all of the Sink's robotic assistants||30|||||
|Outsmarted||Completed Old World Blues.||35|||||
|Spinal-Tapped||Recovered X-8 vertebrae-pulse-de-sensitizer frequency||20|||||
- The Big MT seems to be the locations where Father Elijah found and gathered most of his equipment prior toDead Money, such as the bomb collars and the Holorifle along with Christine Royce, although Elijah claims he invented the Holorifle.
- Big MT or "Big Mountain" is based upon the real-life location "Black Mesa" in Arizona.
- Like all New Vegas add-ons, Old World Blues raises the level cap by 5. The add-on also offers new traits(and gives you the opportunity to change your own traits if you've already chosen them) including one calledLogan's Loophole that will allow you to cap your level at 30 and give you additional bonuses regarding chems.
- Old World Blues can be difficult for low level players. Before going in, the game advises that Old World Bluesis intended for Couriers of Level 15+. Some enemies in the Big Empty can offer a challenge even for a Courier at level 30+.
- Old World Blues enemies pose a much larger threat for Couriers at Level 40+, as many enemies level with the player.
- Equipment will not be stripped from the player at the beginning of this add-on, and it features an open-world setting. There is no limit to the amount of equipment you can take in to the add-on, as well.
- Like all New Vegas add-ons, companions cannot accompany the Courier to the new land. However, there is one temporary companion in the add-on, a cyberdog named Roxie who has her own ending if you create her.
- There is an upgradeable player housing (via completing quests) called The Sink, in the add-on. Complete with some robotic appliances which have individual personalities, all with different voices.
- In addition to providing free basic healing services (restore HP, repair limb damage, and remove radiation and drug dependency), the auto-doc in The Sink allows the player to alter their looks, hairstyle, and, for one time only, their traits.
- There is a new radio station added, to both the Big Empty and the Mojave. It plays 3 new jazz songs, along with 2 songs from Radio New Vegas. Among the songs is Begin Again by Vera Keyes.
- Once you complete the add-on, you may return to the Big Empty via the Big Mountain Transportalponder! Note you cannot use the item while in the interior of a building, cave, tunnels, etc., in a combat situation, or inFreeside, The Fort, Camp McCarran, or The Strip. You can, however, use it in Higgs Village, outside of the houses.
- Completion of the add-on does not close off side quests that are as yet uncompleted, even if these quests have not yet begun.
- In Ulysses' Point, the player "gets a taste" of Ulysses by listening to holotapes left in the Big Empty. patient log: Y-17.9 also gives a statement referring to Lonesome Road.
- Christine Royce and Father Elijah from Dead Money are also involved in Old World Blues, although they do not appear in the add-on. There are Holotapes of her speaking, along with her weapon and armor. Father Elijah's weapons can also be found, along with notes made by him while in the Big MT.
- If you play Christine's holotapes in front of her at Dead Money, she will not take any notice. This is due to the add-ons being independent from each other.
- The Sierra Madre poster can be seen in Big MT.
- The Courier's brain, spine and heart are removed by the scientists and held as leverage.
- The sound from the speakers in Dead Money can be heard at the end of the trailer and from the speakers in the Little Yangtze prison camp.
- Some areas contain hanging dolls on a string like in the X-13 research facility. These are the same as the swamp totems in the Fallout 3 add-on, Point Lookout.
- Unlike Dead Money or Honest Hearts, all Achievements or Trophies can be earned in one playthrough without replaying.
- When in Hardcore mode, the sleep meter stays at zero, unless the Courier sleeps. There may be a delay before the sleep meter starts.
- The Big Empty was a location that was scrapped from Black Isle's cancelled Fallout 3 (Van Buren).
- At some point, Chris Avellone set his location on his Twitter profile to Big MT, Mojave, placing the Big Empty as a location within the Mojave Wasteland and thus teasing its possible appearance in a future Fallout: New Vegas add-on. Since then, Avellone has also changed his Twitter avatar.
- This add-on is an obvious homage to the B-movie science fiction movies of the 1950s. There are many references to these types of movies throughout the add-on.
- Old World Blues was nominated for Best DLC Award at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards. It was the only one of the Fallout: New Vegas add-ons to be nominated.
[http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fallout_New_Vegas_-_Old_World_Blues_DLC_trailer Fallout New Vegas - Old World Blues DLC trailer(01:34) 975 views]