|“||Big! Big! The size of three men! Claws as long as my forearm! Ripped apart! Ripped apart!||”|
死亡爪是一種體型極其巨大, 行動極其靈巧, 力量極其強大的變異物種. 它們是由基因工程所創造的. 除了身形比人類大出許多, 死亡爪還有著一對巨大而危險的爪子.
死亡爪的直立高度大約為10英尺（3.05米）, 通常在它們發現你之前, 你就能很容易地從遠處發現它們. 它們的速度快地驚人, 可以輕鬆地在幾秒鐘里跑出上百英尺.
儘管他們沒有聲帶, 死亡爪似乎能夠像鸚鵡一樣模仿人類的語言. 不過, 普通死亡爪的智力不足以讓他們真正意義上地講話. 用毒標槍射擊可以讓死亡爪的速度大幅度降低.
死亡爪最初由美國軍方在The Great War之前創造. 目的是用它們在高危險性, 近戰格鬥型和搜索並摧毀型的任務中代替人類士兵. 它們是由傑克森變色龍經各種不同物種的DNA轉基因而來.
教主在早期也做過關於死亡爪的實驗, 但是他的實驗並不太成功, 最終這些實驗結果也沒有應用到他的軍隊中. 不過, 他所做的修改導致的基因重組, 使其中一些試驗品變成了更加危險的野獸.
大概在2161年的時候, 對於大部分南加州的居民來講, 死亡爪仍舊只是一個傳說, 一種傳奇的怪獸. 在輻射中, 第一隻死亡爪出現在一個尋找失蹤商隊的任務中：雖然一些人相信, 死亡爪並不用為商隊的失蹤承擔責任, 但在它巢穴里的證據確實給了事件一個正確的答案. 死亡爪們還在曬骨場的廢棄倉庫區建立了一個巢穴, 阻礙了武器走私者和任何潛在買家的交易, 並且讓這個區域的清理變得極為危險. 隨著死亡爪數量的增加, 它們不再被看做是一種傳奇的怪獸, 而僅僅被當做了又一種危險的動物.
The most common type of deathclaw, these exist throughout the wasteland, and they are feared throughout. As mentioned above, they are highly difficult to defeat, due to high health, high movement speed and lethal melee attacks. Their social nature adds to their lethal image: it's not uncommon to encounter regular deathclaws in groups of three or four.
雌性死亡爪, 也被稱作母親和女族長, 比雄性要更強悍, 同時數量也更少. 在一定時間裡, 只有一隻雌性是這群死亡爪的母親, 它死後另一隻母死亡爪會代替它的位置. 一群死亡爪由「最有權威的雄性」領導.
有些死亡爪沒有背刺, 頭頂角方向向後而且更小, 這些都有可能是雌性死亡爪的象徵.
小死亡爪是死亡爪的幼兒形態, 在西岸隨處可見. 它們在外表上和成年死亡爪相似, 只是體型小一些. 在輻射3中的死亡爪聖殿入口處可以見到兩隻小型死亡爪, 雖然名字上不是小死亡爪. 它們大概有成年死亡爪三分之二的大小. 在頂呱呱超級市場外的隨機事件中也能見到一隻小型死亡爪. 該事件包括了死亡爪與一個戴著死亡爪拳套的廢土遊民.
2235年, 英克雷捕獲了許多死亡爪然後把它們暴露在FEV下. 這使它們的智力迅速增長, 給了它們用不同程度上的知識和清晰度來說話的能力. 這一亞種的智力高度發達, 大概和8歲兒童相當, 還有些個案的智力達到了普通成年人的水平. 它們的學習能力很強並且能夠進行抽象思維和推理. 儘管他們沒有聲帶, 死亡爪似乎能夠像鸚鵡一樣模仿人類的語言. 社會方面, 它們有著嚴格的等級制度, 愛好和平, 並且遵循本群體的道德規章. 它們普遍對所在群體極為忠心, 把群體看做是一個大家庭而不是小家庭的集合. 群體內部從不會出現不合, 而群體的領導者在控制著群體生存的各個方面, 比如選配雌雄死亡爪繁衍後代. 奇怪的是, 死亡爪在暴露在FEV下不會產生不育現象; 這種特性現在還無法解釋.
An extremely rare deathclaw. Only one of this variant has been seen in the wastelands. The albinism is due to a different mutation with FEV. His hide is completely dark gray instead of earth-tone colors like other normal deathclaw and his eyes are red. He wears a hood and cloak to disguise himself among humans, but removes it during combat. He also has a telepathic sense connecting him with his brothers, as seen when the Enclave attack Vault 13. The albino deathclaw can also be seen in Fallout 4's Glowing Sea. It also has a chance of spawning during the quest The Devil's Due.
These deathclaws are equipped with mind-control headgear that allows Enclave soldiers to mind-control who the Deathclaw targets. If the player cripples their headgear, the deathclaw will frenzy. They will attack any non-Enclave personnel, including other deathclaws. They can, however, be temporarily controlled with the deathclaw control scrambler, which can be obtained after installing Broken Steel. They are frequently found in cages near Enclave patrols in the Capital Wasteland, and are often released if the patrol is engaged in battle. Enclave deathclaws may sometimes even respawn after their Enclave masters have been killed. An Enclave deathclaw that is in a cage will be set loose by nearest Enclave officer if under attack.
The younger variation of deathclaw is slightly larger and tougher than the baby deathclaw, but much smaller than the normal deathclaw. They can mainly be found amongst larger groups of deathclaws, and will often stay close to an older deathclaw.
Blind deathclaws are a variant found in the Mojave Wasteland, and appear in both adult and baby form. Although not able to see, they have superb hearing, actually having a higher perception than normal deathclaws, which makes approaching them unnoticed very difficult, if not impossible.
Glowing deathclaws are found in the Commonwealth, and are highly irradiated versions of the normal deathclaw. A green light emits from inside of their body and they inflict radiation damage on top of the normal deathclaw's ballistic damage.
Deathclaw alpha male编辑
The alpha deathclaw is second only to the legendary deathclaw in power. The alpha deathclaw is much different in appearance, being darker in color and having large horns.
The legendary deathclaw is the biggest and most lethal deathclaw in the Mojave Wasteland. It is somewhat larger than normal deathclaws, and also has grayer skin, expanded horns, and fangs. It is located in the final area of Dead Wind cavern, home to many other deathclaws. It and the other deathclaws located in Dead Wind cavern have amassed quite a collection of loot from would-be hunters, including Mercy, a unique grenade machinegun found near the legendary deathclaw on a dead Brotherhood of Steel paladin. In Fallout 4, they appear in the Commonwealth with similar strength and abilities to ones found at the Mojave but always drop a rare item which can be recovered on their corpse. They appear frequently if the difficulty is set higher or if the player is traveling into the Glowing Sea.
這支死亡爪的亞種居住在原來的伊利諾斯州, 密蘇里州和堪薩斯州區域, 它們在身體上進化出了幾片毛皮以應付寒冷的氣候. 此外, 它們之中的一些早在2197年就有了說話的能力, 也就是說它們很可能是通過自發突變獲得了語言能力, 或者是被英克雷以外的人進行了實驗. 另一種可能是它們在The Great War之前就被設計成了一個有高智商和講話的能力的種族. 它們和西岸的同類相比, 也更傾向於女性族長, 群體也是由女性領導的. 在嬰幼兒時期, 這些死亡爪的毛髮較少而且看起來也完全未開化, 行為像動物一樣活著只是簡單地追隨成年個體. 據推測它們在成年後才會有自我意識.
顯然, 避難所科技的科學家獲取了死亡爪做生物武器的樣本並且嘗試了進行改善, 他們使用了FEV, 輻射和各種科學技術. 這個新品種變得更大更強, 產生了更多的肌肉塊和一套有著很多突刺的外骨骼. 不過, 變異使它們的視覺失靈, 迫使這些死亡爪只能依賴於其它感官. 活的越久, 體型就越大, 所以它們的變異與FEV效應和廢都的超級變種人應該非常相似. 這些死亡爪的蛋也很特別, 看起來更像一堆和人類一般大的肉團.
Stripe is a unique creature with the appearance of an original deathclaw. Significantly smaller than the deathclaws found in the Wasteland, he appears only in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues if the Courier has the Wild Wasteland trait. Despite his size, he still has the same stats as the full-scale deathclaw.
|SPECIAL||Level||Hit Points||XP||Combat skill||Attack damage||Special damage|
|6 ST, 8 PE, 6 EN, 2 CH, 4 IN, 5 AG, 10 LK||12||500||50||85||100||N/A|
Deathclaws have the tendency to spawn at random encounter locations throughout the Wasteland even at early stages of the game. They will never appear at places within the DC Metro area (unless taken there by the Enclave), but other locations that were once safe — like Super-Duper Mart or areas east of Vault 101 — have the potential to begin spawning solitary Deathclaws, even as far south as Dukovs Place. In addition, two main locations are heavily populated by Deathclaws: the Deathclaw Sanctuary in the Northwest corner of the map, and Old Olney in the Northeast. One can also be reliably encountered at the F. Scott Key Trail & Campground. Also, another sometimes stalks the area west of canturbury commons, attacking any traders that head its way.
A Deathclaw encounter has even been noted to happen outside of Megaton as you leave. You will see it run up and take out that Deputy Protectron first. (Confirmed PC)
Deathclaws make appearances as Enclave camps begin to appear. These camps are likely to house caged Mind-Controlled Deathclaws, which are just the same as regular ones with the exception that they will not attack Enclave forces. However, as the mind-control devices on their heads can be targeted, the potential to put them into a Frenzy remains.
Deathclaw corpses contain a Deathclaw Hand, a component which can be used in creating a Deathclaw Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is the strongest unarmed weapon in the game, having a (x5) critical multiplier and the unique property of ignoring target armor (damage resistance), which makes it as effective against an adversary in Power Armor as against an unarmored Raider.
It is important to note that Deathclaws possess some degree of intelligence as they'll purposefully avoid mines. One very important feature of deathclaws is that they also can open doors. In urban areas, deathclaws have been seen to run away from the player around a corner, making the player follow it a little carelessly. As soon as the player gets around the corner, however, it pounces on the player straight away, showing tactics.
Deathclaws can sometimes been seen 'sharpening' their claws on metal structures, especially in Old Olney and Old Olney Sewer.
After downloading Broken Steel random encounters with deathclaws occur far more often, and at higher levels deathclaws can be commonly seen traveling in pairs. During the quest Shock Value, the player can receive a item that causes Enclave Controlled Deathclaws to become allies.
If the player hit Deathclaws with the Dartgun, their legs will cripple and they will not be able to run anymore. Now one just need to choose a ranged weapon, to stay away from its attack range, and do some hit and run until it dies. In areas where there is no space to hit and run, like Old Olney Sewer, the Combat Shotgun is a good choice. If two or more Deathclaws engage the player, one is advised to first hit all of them with the Dartgun and then kill one by one.
It should be note that the attacks of the Deathclaw are similar to the attacks of the Daedroth from Oblivion, although the Deathclaw is faster and doesn't use magic.
In Fallout Tactics patched to 1.27 deathclaws are deadly. They are highly resistant to regular ammo. The NPC's in each bunker often say " I have some AP ammo for those deathclaws." but they will not trade it. Even an Anti-Vehicle mine, does only medium damage. The first mission where a player is confronted with 2 Deathclaws and around 5 Baby Deathclaws in Fallout Tactics is Quincy, but they can be seen in a Random Encounter before that mission.
- Destroying the mind control device on a deathclaw (Or at least attempting to) can be rather risky as you have a higher chance at getting a critical headshot than a frenzy.
死亡爪的設定來源於荒野遊俠 里的「陰影之爪」。In Scott Campbell's original concept art (see: gallery), deathclaws were mammals covered with fur. The reason it lost the hair from concept to production was a technical limitation of the rendering software, which couldn't get all the hair to move properly. The hairy Deathclaw in Fallout Tactics was inspired by the original concept.
根據輻射聖經, after a Dungeons & Dragons computer game made by Interplay was cancelled, 死亡爪是根據龍與地下城的泰奎拉斯巨獸為原型製作的。However, according to Chris Taylor, while they do look Tarrasque-like, it was not intentional and the clay model was supposed to be a deathclaw from the start..
- "The Deathclaw is the most evil thing to rise out of the ashes after the War. Some say it's a powerful ghost from the war that haunts the land. It's no ghost, it's as real as you and me. It's 20 feet tall with teeth as big as your arm. It's some kind of demon that found it's way here when the world was engulfed in fire." - Beth (Beth's dialogue file)
- "The Deathclaws are all over in the Boneyard. I'd rather not even think about them. Huge and aptly named." - Katja (Katja's dialogue file)
- "Okay. Well, it's like a damn big man, is what it is. Got spikes and claws that can cut through the heaviest armor. But don't let the size fool ya, it's quick." - Harold (Harold's dialogue file)
- "You can't look at 'em! It is said the Death Claw can hypnotize just by lookin'. Then it walks up and "boom", you're et!" - Harold (Harold's dialogue file)
- "Heard some tales about something faster, bigger, and meaner than any living creature has a right to be. Not too many, though, which means that it doesn't leave many survivors. Big claws, ferocious disposition." - Tycho (Tycho's dialogue file)
- "The Death Claw? Oh, that's a bedtime story. Drinks blood and howls at the full moon." - Killian Darkwater (Killian's dialogue file)
- "I heard a tale from a traveller up from the south. He said the Death Claw was a creature that killed people at night. He said no one can catch it, because it can disappear like smoke. Not that I believe it, of course." - Tandi (Tandi's dialogue file)
- Protectrons humorously say that Deathclaws are critters of unusual size.
- There also seems to be a strange glitch with Deathclaws in Fallout 3. Sometimes when they are encountered by the player, they randomly fly straight up into the sky- literally hundreds of feet into the air, so far so that they pass out of sight and even out of V.A.T.S. range. When this glitch is encountered, it will be quite surprising, and even funny. There is no real trigger to this event, as they sometimes are attacking, idle, or roaming when it occurs. The Deathclaw will rarely die from this random flight, however it will take damage when it lands.
- Sometimes flying Deathclaws will "loop". They will fly into the air, spawn near the ground, then fly into the air again. Each time the loop occurs, the Deathclaw appears to suffer no falling damage. If the player targets the Deathclaw and successfully lands some hits, the Deathclaw may end up never returning from flight, which can be quite bothersome because it will keep the player in the [DANGER] status for awhile, preventing fast traveling, waiting, or even talking to NPC's because they may be fleeing.
- Targeting flying Deathclaws using V.A.T.S. can result in rather humorous bullet behavior. Sometimes bullets tracking the Deathclaw as it rockets into the air will tumble, perhaps due to the Deathclaw's massive acceleration.
- There seems to be a glitch involving the download of Broken Steel in which a friendly Enclave-Controlled Deathclaw follows you into Tenpenny Tower if you have the Deathclaw Control Scrambler. It then proceeds to kill everyone in the lobby. This can be countered by keeping a strong weapon out such as A3-21's Plasma Rifle or the Terrible Shotgun, and shooting it in the back before it can kill Chief Gustavo and the other security guards in the lobby (have not tested on ghoul-controlled Tenpenny Tower, need confirmation). If this fails, simply reload the autosave and try again. (Confirmed on 360.)
- Outside Dukov's place an Enclave controlled deathclaw may bemarked as a friendly on the compass. It will kill all the radroaches in the area. Then it walks back to its cage and the script for it exiting started where it looks both ways then jumps out. Afterwards it was hostile.
- If you fast travel to any area with your controlled Deathclaw, the Deathclaw will seem to die mysteriously. This is not the case. The scribe who gave you the Deathclaw Scrambler explains to you that there are bad effects if you go too far from Enclave bases, not for you but the Deathclaw.
- The mind controlled Deathclaw in Raven Rock was marked as friendly, and when it was released, it just stands, doing nothing in the mouth of its cage.
- A very uncommon glitch happens where Enclave controlled Deathclaw's appear friendly to you(Animal Friend Perk)and stand in front of you for about 8 seconds then attack you.
- East of Robo Co factory, there is sometimes a random Deathclaw wandering around. If you raise a sniper or a black hawk (or gun with a scope), it will disappear.
- Sometimes, while fast traveling in Megaton, a friendly Deathclaw will spawn next to character, then it will start attacking Megaton Settlers. This might occur while having the Deathclaw Control Scrambler in your inventory, after completing the given optional quest, related to the scrambler device. After dealing with the Deathclaw mishap, you will be able to revive any unwanted casualties, by hitting the console button (yes, available only for the PC), targeting the corpse, typing in "resurrect" then hitting enter. Upon exiting the console, the Megaton Settler will be alive again and it shall return to it's normal scripted activities.