Fallout 3 locations project
Vault 112 houses an entrance area similar to all other vaults, which serves as the airlock and the only connection to the outside world. A single passage in the entryway leads down to the main hall. In it are twelve Tranquility Loungers built around a big pillar, each connected to a terminal which monitors the respective conditions of the "subjects" inside the loungers. There is also another Tranquility Lounger, found in the Overseer's Office, located south of the main hall. The only medical unit of the vault is accessed east of the main hall (where the loungers are).
Since it cannot be maintained by any human inhabitants (they're all in the Tranquility Loungers), Vault 112 is instead maintained by a group of Robobrains. The Robobrains are non-hostile; when the player enters the Vault, they are scolded for being "202.3 years Behind Schedule".
Because of being constantly maintained by Robobrains, and being slightly better hidden than many others, 112 is the only intact vault, other than 101, in the Capital Wasteland. The outcome of this particular experiment is ambiguous - if Braun intended the simulator merely to satisfy his sadistic urges when he designed it, then it fulfilled its purpose completely; if, on the other hand, he sincerely intended to create a virtual heaven for the residents to live in eternally, the nature of his godlike position subsequently drove him insane to make the other residents' existence an eternal hell, it is arguably the most ghastly, abject failure of all the vaults.
The entrance to Vault 112 is inside Smith Casey's Garage, it has several Mole Rats and Radroaches but nothing that can't be handled. After proceeding past the counter to the right is a hatch in the ground that can be opened by operating a switch on the wall beside the hatch. Below are more Mole Rats and the entrance to Vault 112. Also, on the ground in front of the vault door is a dirty sign that says, "Help Us."
- It is easily possible to stumble on Smith Casey's Garage and subsequently find Vault 112 long before the game has indicated to go there as part of Scientific Pursuits; in fact, the player can find it as early as just after finishing Escape!, subsequently skipping Following in His Footsteps and Galaxy News Radio entirely, similar to the possibilities in previous games. If the player walks completely into the vault and triggers the initial dialogue with the Robobrain about how they are 202.3 years late for their entrance into the vault, the game will automatically begin Scientific Pursuits whether the player wants to or not. Dialogue from this point forward will reflect the new position in the plot.
- It is possible to lock oneself into Dr. Braun's office.
- Only ten of the thirteen Tranquility Loungers in the main hall are actually in use by official inhabitants. One is broken down, while another is used by the Lone Wanderer to enter the simulation. The final tranquility lounger is used by the Lone Wanderer's Dad, assumed to be an extra tranquility lounger when the vault was constructed, to enter the simulation.
- The Lounger Monitors in the main hall can be activated. Some of them give information on the subjects, e.g. Old Lady Dithers shows "inconsistent readings" and "anomalies". In fact she is the only vault resident who has somehow managed to retain, despite Braun's constant killing and mind-wipes, the knowledge that she's really in a simulation.
- Attacking the Robobrains will not make them hostile, however you will lose karma if you kill them.
- Due to the vault's one-time use, it can be used as extra storage space, or another home, to the Lone Wanderer. Safety of items stored here has been confirmed.
- The map, which is based on Vault-Tec's own records, that shows all DC Area Vaults in the Citadel doesn't show Vault 112. Likewise, the Vault listing in Vault-Tec's own mainframe at the Vault-Tec Headquarters does not mark it on your map.
- In one of Doctor Pinkerton's journals in his terminal it says that he stole a memory chip from this vault.
- The Robobrains may refuse to speak to the player as they are "not at liberty to chat right now". The first one the Lone Wanderer comes across will even stop him/her to just to say that she is busy. This may be due to entering the Citadel and accidentally starting the quest Picking up the Trail. However, the player can still get a Vault 112 jumpsuit from the upper level clinic on one of the tables or the lockers which allows you to access Tranquility Lane. Note that this particular jumpsuit may be invisible, though the player is still able to pick it up if they manage to find its exact position (look under notes).
- Template:Platforms Upon exiting the Tranquility Lane simulation, the player may find that they have mysteriously received dozens of Frag Grenades .
- Template:Platforms Before entering the Vault, or better before entering the Garage it is recommended to save , because it's possible that one (or more?) of the Followers (e.g. Charon) disappear after leaving the Vault. If the Companions enter the Vault with the Lone Wanderer, they may need to be re-hired at their home-position . but will allways retrurn to where you found them eg. charon will go back to Underworld it may take a long time but it will happen
- Sometimes, when exiting the Vault, the final door before the entrance may glitch, and be unusable. After opening it, the player will be bounced back across the hallway to the first Robobrain.
- Template:Platforms When walking through Vault 112, screens may change to monochrome purple . This color state stays in the savegame and reload. Probable graphics error.
Appearances in games编辑
This Vault appears in Fallout 3.