Fallout 3 locations project
Anchorage War Memorial
Anchorage War Memorial is an underground area residing underneath a bronze monument commemorating the battles at the Anchorage Front Line in Alaska. It is located in the southeast quadrant of the Capital Wasteland. It is inhabited by Mirelurks and consists of four interior sections: Anchorage Memorial Facility, Anchorage Memorial Facility Bay, Memorial Facility Offices, and Memorial Service Entrance.
Constructed in 2077 on what was previously Theodore Roosevelt Island in the Potomac, the monument has withstood the elements for two centuries and was still standing by 2277. A sprawling underground installation was built under the base of the monument. The facility contains kitchens and meat processing rooms to handle the 'products' as well as breeding 'pods' in the lower levels, possibly indicating that it doubled as a fallout shelter.
After the war, a group of Wastelanders herded the emerging Mirelurk population into the facility, making them build a nest inside. Then they used them as source of fresh meat, trading large quantities of it to passing traders and making a lot of money. This upset Rivet City's position as the main supplier of edible food in the wastes. Eventually, a mercenary team was dispatched, but ended up releasing the Mirelurks, who promptly killed everyone in the complex.
The monument rests on a man-made island in the middle of the Potomac River. It is connected to the west bank of the river by a small bridge with several Frag Mines setup in the shape of a ribbon. There are four entrances into the facility: one on the north side of the monument which connects to the Facility, one on the south that connects to the Service Entrance, one to the south under water that connects to the Office, and one right next to the monument on the west side at the end of a staircase. To the north of Anchorage War Memorial is a Super Mutant camp against the border of the downtown D.C. area. There is a tent with a Captive behind two large trucks, with several interconnected buildings that were destroyed during the Great War.
Anchorage Memorial Facility编辑
The living quarters and main workspace for the Wastelanders who ran the meat processing facility. The area consists of two floors with minor loot and custom weapon components strewn about. On the second floor there is a Workbench against the south wall. There is one Mirelurk that patrols this floor. On the first floor there is a Safe with the Door Component in the west room, which appears to have served as a doctor's office. There is also a Nuka-Cola Vending Machine next to the stairwell on the north wall. The holotape Access Codes can be found behind the vending machine and there are two exits which lead to the Facility Bay on both floors.
Anchorage Memorial Facility Bay编辑
This area serves as a hub that connects the other three areas together. It consist of four levels with supply crates and machinery. The second floor has exits which lead to the Facility, Office and Service Entrance. The first floor has several Mirelurk spawning pods and an exit to the Service Entrance. The third floor has an exit to the Facility. Finally, the fourth floor exits to the Capital Wasteland. There are four Mirelurks in this area along with a dead Wastelander on the top floor with a note.
Memorial Facility Offices编辑
A couple of offices with an entrance to a large underground space. There is a safe in the office next to the entrance of the are. There is a Nuka-Cola Vending Machine against the west wall, next to some Lockers and bathrooms. There is a hole in the floor leading to a lower area that serves as the Mirelurk breeding ground. There are a lot of Mirelurk spawning pods strewn about. A Mirelurk King will spawn here, even at lower levels. There are also two other Mirelurks. There is an exit to the Capital Wasteland under the water at the far end of the breeding area.
Memorial Service Entrance编辑
A small sewer area serving as a secondary breeding ground for the Mirelurks. Also contains an entirely separate area that has what looks like a dining facility for the workers, including a large kitchen with many refrigerators and a well-stocked bar. The area contains the utility room and a refrigerator with a secret compartment; both are initially inaccessible.
The utility room is in the farthest end of the sewer area (with around 3 Mirelurks guarding), which is accessible with the Door Component from the Facility and a Repair skill of 35, or without the component and a Repair skill of 95. The utility room contains the Anchorage Stash Key, a Footlocker, three Metal Boxes, a skill book, and other minor loot.
The lowest level of the area is a smaller space with several dead Mirelurks and Mirelurk Meat strewn about. There is a refrigerator that contains a secret compartment you can only access with a successful Perception check of 5. The player cannot pick the lock for this compartment; the Stash Key found above is needed to unlock it.
- Pugilism Illustrated - in the orange truck which forms the perimeter of the Super Mutant Camp to the north, on a bookshelf.
- There is also the Firelance glitch.To do this glitch you must discover Wilhelms warf then swim over and discover Anchorage memorial.Do this about 4 or 5 times ad then an explosion will happen.Then look about and you will find the firelance(If it lands on top of the satue then there is no way of getting it unless you do the glitch again)There is also 26 pieces of Alien power cells to collect.
Anchorage Memorial Facility编辑
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine - in clinic area (C), next to the safe on table to the right.
- Dean's Electronics - inside the safe in the clinic area (C).
- Door Component - inside the safe in the clinic area (C).
- Pre-War Books - three of them on the second floor in the room on the west side.
Memorial Service Entrance编辑
- Anchorage Stash Key - in the utility closet (B), on a shelf to the left.
- Anchorage War Memorial Stash - next to the key.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - in the utility closet (B).
- Recipe - Mirelurk Cakes - in secret fridge compartment (A) along with 300 Bottle caps.
- The Tenderizer - in the utility closet (B), on a shelf to the left.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes - in the utility closet (B), on a shelf to the left.
- In the Operation: Anchorage downloadable content, inside the training simulation, the player can view a scene where a reporter on the battlefield tells some soldiers to strike a "heroic" pose, and then takes a photo of them. The pose they strike is the same one as what the Anchorage Memorial statue depicts. He also states "Who knows? Maybe someone will turn this photo into a statue one day."
- These poses also bear a resemblance to actual children's toys pictured below.
- The statue's soldier with the Flamer uses a model not seen in the game (the soldier in the simulation uses the normal flamethrower) and the soldier with the Fat Man has a Missile Launcher while the one in the middle has no change. (in reference to the photo.)
- Downstairs in the Memorial Service Entrance (in the 'Kitchen' area) there's a bottle called "Empty Whisky Bottle" (sic) on a shelf, on the northern wall. (Can also be found numerous other places; others are spelled "Whiskey")
Anchorage War Memorial appears only in Fallout 3.