Fallout 3 locations project
Broadcast Tower KB5
Broadcast Tower KB5 is high in the rocks just west of the Deathclaw Sanctuary. The drainage chamber just southeast of and beneath the tower has a copy of Tumblers Today just in front of an average locked door. Behind the door are random items (gas tank, pilot light) a Pre-War Book and some drugs, plus a bed. It is home to some Ghouls.
If you activate the tower, you receive Radio Signal Alfa Lima which is broadcasting morse code on a loop. However, if you travel into the drainage chamber stated above, there is a HAM Radio named "Radio Signal Alfa Lima" with a skeletal corpse sitting near, presumably the recorder.
Broadcast Tower KB5 is one of many areas where the player can encounter a random event.
- Southwest down the hill toward the highways, there is a camp of raiders fortified behind cars. There's a Grognak the Barbarian book (in a crate under tin cans), a Stealth Boy, a Super Sledge, and ammo chests & weapons.
- There's an abandoned house guarded by raiders that lies west of KB5 tower. There's a mini-nuke in the bathtub and a Tumblers Today book on a shelf (also found in the cooler) in the corner of the house opposite to the bath tub.
- There's a truck with a trailer containing a mini-nuke and loot west of KB5 tower on the bridge past the raider camp. As you approach, a scientist holding a Big Book of Science apparently blows himself up. If you're lucky, you can find a small piece of him somewhere on the road to loot the skill book; otherwise, he was probably blown over the bridge.
- As you're moving to the Northeast from the raider camp, you will also find a Wastelander corpse near a rusty car and a handcart. There's a Almost Home... note on the Wastelander's body (at the bottom of the hill NorthWest of the abandoned house mentioned above).
- Northeast of the Wastelander corpse is yet another bathtub with a Mini Nuke between a skeleton's legs.
- Northwest of the raider house (and north of the truck on the bridge), next to four cars, there is a Duck and Cover book as well as two average-locked grenade boxes and one ammo box.
- It seems as though someone was trying to break into the radio room, due to the corpse and Tumblers Today outside the door, and due to the fact that the door is locked.