Chinese Officer's Sword
The Chinese Officer's Sword is a melee weapon found in Fallout 3. These weapons, encountered in the Capital Wasteland are quite possibly a leftover from the United States' war with China, an event that triggered the Great War.
Despite low damage, non-V.A.T.S. swings are pretty fast. It's more useful in free attack mode than V.A.T.S. usage (28 AP).
Chinese Officer's Swords may be found in the following locations:
- Megaton, in Jericho's house, stabbed into a teddy bear.
- Republic of Dave, in the Museum of Dave.
- On a Dead Chinese Commando, located at the origin point of the Chinese Radio Beacon, as a result of a random event.
- Mama Dolce's Officer is another holder of this sword.
- Can be found on several insane inhabitants of Vault 106.
- Random Raiders all throughout the game may carry one, depending on the player's level, mostly low levels.
- This weapon is also used in the Operation: Anchorage add-on by Crimson Dragoons.
- There's one in Abraham Washington's museum in Rivet City, behind a rubble pile near some lockers.
- Jingwei's Shock Sword (Operation: Anchorage add-on) - An electrified version of the Chinese Officer's Sword, the Shock Sword is much stronger and deals electrical damage over time.
- Samurai's Sword (Mothershp Zeta add-on) - Wielded by Toshiro Kago, the Samurai's Sword is stronger than most other swords, but weaker than the Shock Sword. It has the highest item HP of any Chinese Officer's Sword.
- Vampire's Edge - The weakest of the Chinese Officer's Sword variants, Vampire's Edge weighs only one pound, and is the only variant to use the regular Sword's skin.
- Clover's variant of Chinese Officer's Sword has a Base ID of 0006415D. It has unlimited durability, and stats identical with the standard one. (Not to be confused with Clover's Cleaver.)
- Its design is that of a traditional Chinese straight sword (劍; "jian").
- When running in third person with this sword out, it uses the same animation from Oblivion.
- When using a Stealth Boy or the Chinese Stealth Armor, if you attack someone the sword stains red even when you're invisible.