|“||你活下来了. 获选者不能是个脆弱的人否则我们就都完了. 你准备好你的任务了吗？||”|
The bloodline of the Wasteland's most influential tribesman extends all the way back to the Vault Dweller and his spouse, Pat. As the son of the Village Elder, the Chosen One is a member of the third generation of former Vault 13 dwellers living outside the Vault, similar to how his grandfather was the third generation to live in a Vault.His mother was the Village Elder. The rest of the family included an aunt, Morlis and a cousin, Nagor.
The Chosen One was trained from birth in order to become the tribe's champion and, in the future, their Elder. Part of these trials were drug sessions with Hakunin and a vow of celibacy (although it was broken, when the CO slipped out into the Arroyo canyon with Kor (female) or Reyna (male)). The end stage of their development was the Temple of Trials run their mother completed so long ago and is sent out to find the Garden of Eden Creation Kit which could make the failing village thrive once more, under the control of the player.
They end up foiling a plot by the remnants of the United States government (calling themselves the Enclave), preventing them from commiting genocide on an unprecedented scale and saving their tribesmen and cousins from Vault 13 in the process. Following these events, the Chosen One founded New Arroyo, reuniting the two bloodlines and succeeding their mother as the village's elder after she dies.
Exploits in the Wasteland编辑
In the course of the Chosen One's journey, he changed the wasteland in many ways, both great and small.
In Klamath, he made them a little more exciting for some time.
In Vault 15, he killed Darion, leader of the New Khans, thereby freeing the local squatters from the gang's tyranny, and quickened the expansion of the New California Republic by helping to strike a deal between the squatters and the NCR government, which further resulted in the Khans getting hunted to near extinction for the second time.
Eventually the Chosen One found the GECK, but he also discovered that there was more at stake than just the future of his village, as the Enclave, a remnant of the old United States' shadow government, abducted the people of Arroyo, in order to develop a FEV specimen, which they would use to commit a genocide on the population of the Wasteland, as they in the eyes of the Enclave were unpure mutants.
The Chosen One eventually found the Enclave's headquarters, an old Poseidon Energy oil rig in the Pacific Ocean, which he reached by an old oil tanker. Here he freed his people as well as the inhabitants of Vault 13, who were also abducted by the Enclave for their experiments. As the Chosen One made his escape, he was faced by the fearsome and mutated secret service agent, Frank Horrigan. He managed to slay Horrigan, who revealed that he had activated a nuke to blow up the entire platform, but this was unable to stop the Chosen One who escaped on the oil tanker along with the tribals and the Vault 13 dwellers.
With the GECK in his hand the Chosen One, along with the Arroyo tribals and the Vault 13 dwellers, founded the city of New Arroyo and reunited the two bloodlines that had been separated for three generations. The Village Elder, pleased with the reunion, found peace and passed away a few months later, leaving the leadership of the village to the Chosen One.
With the combination of the vault dwellers' technical knowledge, and the tribals' survival skills, New Arroyo thrived under the Chosen One's rule, and grew into a powerful civilization.
Marcus, in particular, was inspired by the Chosen One's example, and after the uranium mine in Broken Hills ran dry and the place was deserted, he wandered east, eventually founding Jacobstown in the Mojave Wasteland. The Courier may ask about The Chosen One to which Marcus replies he never found out what happened to the Chosen One after their group split up, but had a feeling that everything worked out for him in the end.
The Chosen One was also remembered by other individuals. While not being born at the time it happened, Klamath Bob still would tell stories about the tribal that visited the town of Klamath and stirred up the place and Cannibal Johnson would reminisce of his visit to Navarro.
During the course of the game, the character can affect the wastelands in many ways, often crucial. The following is a small list of titles and changes the Chosen One can receive:
- The "Chosen One" uses the same sprites as the Vault Dweller from Fallout and therefore the PC looks identical to their grandmother/grandfather.
- Though the player can choose gender and age, it is canon that the Chosen One was born on 23/03/2221, and is therefore 20 years old at the start of the events of Fallout 2. See birthdates.
- The "Chosen One" receives their ancestor's Vault 13 suit through a Temple of Trials quest given to him/her by the Village Elder.
- Dogmeat, a companion dog, can be found in Fallout 2. When found, simply wearing nothing but the Vault 13 suit will cause Dogmeat to remember his previous owner and join you.
- Via the Guardian of Forever random encounter, the Chosen One can go back in time and break Vault 13's water chip, setting the events of Fallout, and by extension, Fallout 2 into motion.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, Jas Wilkins mentions that her Great-Aunt Rose had a deathclaw for laying eggs, until it was shot in the eye by a stranger.
- In Fallout: New Vegas the Chosen One is mentioned by Marcus, who says how he helped a tribal search for a G.E.C.K. and nuked an oil rig in the process, suggesting he was with the Chosen One up until the conclusion of Fallout 2.
- Klamath Bob mentions that his life in Klamath was made a little more exciting for a while when a tribal visited the village a while back.