Fallout 3 locations project
Cliffside Cavern functions as a Raider Outpost in the southern portion of the Capital Wasteland. However, the Raiders found out that they were not the only inhabitants of the cave and proceeded to lay mines in front of the entrance of the Yao Guai Cave section.
As the name indicates, the Cliffside Caverns are a cave system nestled into a cliff. It can be accessed through two fence gate entrances. One is west of Andale in the direction of Tenpenny Tower, at the bottom of a path down the hill. The other entrance is in a small but steep valley into the hillside north-northwest of The Overlook Drive-In, or northeast of the first entrance. It is secured by a "Hard" lock.
The Raider Outpost section is a medium/large two story cave that contains 12 raiders as well as a Yao Guai near the entrance to the Yao Guai Cave. Numerous beds suitable for sleeping can be found in this section. The paths leading to both the locked fence gate and Yao Guai Cave have mines lain about and there are traps scattered throughout the area including grenade and tripwire traps. The portion of the cavern which is the second most northern room contains a tent and 2 beds(this is not the room with the entrance to the Yao Guai Cave). Inside the caverns, exits to the Capital Wasteland are located at the southern and west most areas of the Local Map and the entrance to the Yao Guai Cave is the northern most area.
Yao Guai Cave编辑
The Yao Guai Cave section is a small two story cave that is the second section in Cliffside Cavern. Six Yao Guai inhabit this section and are scattered around the cave. At the entrance from the Raider Outpost, there are a couple of mines set down the path leading to the big area of the cave. There is a single main path that covers the entire cave with the exception of the lower level where it branches off into two small areas.
- Nuka Cola Quantum - close to the southern exit, on a table, on a platform with two generators.
- Grognak the Barbarian - on the upper middle level of the raider base, behind the generator.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual - on top of a small bookshelf in the northwestern chamber on the way to the tent. A raider with a Missile Launcher might spawn in the tent to the west and may fire, which could throw the book anywhere if it is near the explosion.
- Mini Nuke - in the tent in the northwestern chamber, on top of one of the safes.
- Pre-War Book - on the round table next to the bed found in the tent mentioned above.
- Schematics - Nuka Grenade - in lower part of the Yao Guai Cave at the west-northwest most wall surrounded by numerous skeletons.
- The area outside the entrance is a random encounter location.
- The Yao Guai Cave is not to be confused with the Yao Guai Den containing the Sneak bobblehead, or the Yao Guai Tunnels. They are not connected to each other in any way.
Cliffside Cavern appears only in Fallout 3.
- The player may get stuck at the Western entrance into the outpost making him or her unable to walk anywhere.
- When facing multiple enemies, coming from the west entrance may freeze the game.