- It freezes the enemies for a short time.
- And does 1 point of damage.
These mines can be obtained from Elliot Tercorien after releasing him from stasis and going through the Cryo Lab with him. He will pick up some cryogenic parts in the area where Beckett and Daniels are frozen which enables him to start making the mines upon return to the Engineering Core. He will give you 3 Cryo Grenades and 3 Cryo Mines after you wait an hour for him to make them. After that must wait another 3 hours for him to make 2 more each time you ask.
- If you are caught in the blast, you will also be paralyzed for 4 seconds.
- After the quest "This Galaxy Aint Big Enough..." Elliot seems to lose the ability to create Cryo Grenades and Mines for the player.
- If you are caught in the blast and you are paralyzed, the frost effect will not appear.(Xbox 360)
- If you shoot the Cryo Mine, it will explode like a normal mine without the Cryo effect.(Xbox 360)
- If you are caught in the blast and you are paralyzed, when you are un-paralyzed, the Cryo Mine will appear invisible. (Xbox 360)
The Cryo Mine was originally a weapon cut from the final version of Fallout 3 for an unknown reason. It does not exist in the final version of the game, nor does it exist as an unused item in the G.E.C.K. editor. However, the mesh and texture are contained within Fallout 3's BSA files, these files however were not used and new meshes and textures were made to replace them in Mothership Zeta. Another cryo weapon, the Cryolator exists only as a mesh and textures in Fallout 3's BSA files.