Double-Barrel Shotguns are, as the name implies, double-barreled firearms designed for close-quarter combat.
Fallout and Fallout 2编辑
|“||A Winchester Widowmaker double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun. A short barrel, with mahogany grip.||”|
The Winchester Widowmaker Shotgun is a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun with a mahogany grip. It also comes in a sawed-off variant. It has decent damage and range, and is an all-around good weapon for early in the game.
Fallout 3 (Point Lookout add-on)编辑
The Double-Barrel Shotgun is added to Fallout 3 with the Point Lookout add-on. Unlike the sawed-off shotgun, which has existed in the game since release, the Double-Barrel Shotgun has both its barrel and stock intact. Even badly damaged it does more damage than a Drum-Magazine Combat Shotgun but it also fires both barrels at once, which forces you to reload immediately after each shot. However, with its speedy reload time of 0.8 seconds, you won't be empty for very long. The drawback to this is ammo consumption, as again, each trigger squeeze expends two shells.
One may be found relatively early in the add-on inside the Naval Recruitment Center. It may also be sold by the shopkeepers or found on random enemies (particularly Swampfolk, who commonly carry it.) You can find one in the Wrecked Sea Tub in a surfaced wooden boat containing a skeleton, shotgun shells, and pre-war money.
It is also obtainable at the Homestead Motel, in the main lobby behind the counter and in Room 1G.
- Because the weapon discharges two shells per pull of the trigger the weapon deteriorates twice as fast. Starting from a fully repaired gun; it will
- Begin to jam after 50 pulls of the trigger, almost halfway through the guns health. Where as The Terrible Shotgun doesn't do this until 120 pulls of the trigger.
- Break after 107 discharges, where as The Terrible Shotgun breaks after 146 discharges.
- this means that while the Terrible Shotgun has only two chances to jam after a full spent clip, the double barrel shotgun has 57. Adding to its already long reload time after each pull of the trigger.
- There is also an unique version of this shotgun, called Pa's Fishing Aid. Alhough it's present in game files, it doesn't exist in the game itself, so the only way to obtain it is using console commands.
- In V.A.T.S., the shotgun may miss entirely, even though you can easily hit it in free aim. The cause for this is easily seen; the bullets exit through the end of the long barrel. However, like all V.A.T.S shots, if the enemy is extremely close, the typical third-person view for V.A.T.S switches to first-person, making it effective as if it were in free-aim. Therefore, it isn't advised to use point-blank shots with this weapon in V.A.T.S, but rather short range shots.
- When in V.A.T.S. and you only have 1 Shotgun Shell left the game does not say you have "no ammo", it just fires with a clicking noise but repeatedly. This will end after about 30 seconds.
- This weapon has the highest damage per shot out of any small gun in the game.
- While the above mentioned is true, it is wise to note that its ammo to damage ratio makes the damage much smaller per shell.
- This makes this weapons more of a panic weapon, comparable to the 10mm SMG, which does damage faster, but wastes ammo. This makes it useful in heated firefights against tough opponents.
- Although this gun has to reload after every shot, it only takes 0.8 seconds. For most players, it should take more than 0.8 seconds to aim to make sure you have a good shot.
- Since this weapon fires two 12gague shot shells at once it should fire a total of 18 pellets instead of 9 (which is the normal # of pellets fired out one shell by any other shotgun)
- Players attempting to score head shots on an opponent using one of these while they are reloading might accidentally hit the weapon because of it's reload animation places the weapon in front of the NPC's face (especially true if the weapon jams)
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel编辑
|“||With its twin barrels of justice, this rifle fires a decent-sized spray of pellets at an oncoming enemy.||”|
It is really powerful weapon through much of the game, especially with anyone with high Critical Chance, but it uses far too much ammunition.
- Carbon Town Center, available from Jesse.
- Carbon West, in a footlocker.
- West Bridge of Los, can be bought from Hieronymous.
- Los Holding Pens, can be purchased from Salieri.