Fallout 3 locations project
To the north of the ruins the Enclave have set up a base with a Deathclaw cage (after The Waters of Life quest). When the Enclave are encountered there are often 3 soldiers and 2 officers, depending on difficulty. The soldiers are sometimes armed with Flamers and will be busy executing several Wastelanders enclosed in a cage, which may explain the bodies. This observation suggests that the Deathclaw cage was being used as a makeshift execution chamber.
The ruins consist of the main street and several alleys and destroyed houses. Raiders fill the entire area and are well armed. North of the main road, running through the center of the town east to west, is the entrance to the metro tunnels. There are also several manholes leading to the utility tunnels (see below). Careful as there are several tripwires which set off explosives or alert enemies.
The main entrance to the Utility Tunnels is a grating in the floor that collapses into a small rectangular hole in the center of Fairfax Ruins. An easier and far less defended entrance to the tunnels is a manhole located to the northwest of the ruins to the east of the Brotherhood Outcast base. Inside are several ammo crates, Raiders, aid items and other loot.
There is also a separate subway tunnel in the center of Fairfax Ruins guarded by two raiders. This subway has no links to any other areas but is a very easy way to get some easy ammo from the ammo crates in there. Be careful when entering the tunnel because there are some mines as well as a shotgun trap close to the entrance.
The tunnel is, like the rest of Fairfax Ruins, only inhabited by Raiders.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in the Car Dealership east of Fairfax Ruins. It's sitting on top of a generator in the higher area to the left. Listen for the generator.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual in the Fairfax Metro Station on the rubble below the mezzanine next to the east escalator.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in an overturned truck under the highway south of the ruins (towards Andale).
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor, in the Concrete Treehouse south of the ruins.
- A short distance SSW of that (ENE of Andale) is another truck trailer with a Dean's Electronics at the back of a bunch of empty Metal Boxes.
- This location is very dangerous to fast travel to as there will be at least one Raider with a missile launcher nearby accompanied by at least two mid-level-armed (10mm SMGs and Assault Rifles) This is dependent on the player character's level. If you have just cleaned out the place and are fast-traveling back right away to take another load of loot, no Raiders should have spawned yet, though it is possible they might at very high levels.
- The truck with the Dean's Electronics is actually on the big road crossing Andale on the east site of Andale. (way easier to find this way)
Behind the scenes编辑
- Fairfax Ruins is obviously the ruins of real-world Fairfax, VA. However, the ruins in Fallout 3 are comparatively smaller than the true town and the location is much closer to downtown Washington DC than depicted in the game.