Fire weapons are weapons that use fire to damage enemies. Most fire weapons cause a small amount of damage to the player as well as the enemy. They span from melee weapons to explosives, and can be incredibly effective if used correctly.
- Heavy Incinerator (Broken Steel)
- Rapid-Torch Flamer (Broken Steel)
- Slo-Burn Flamer (Broken Steel)
- Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese Pistol
- The Shishkebab's schematics can be obtained from Vance as a reward for completing the Blood Ties quest, and can from then on be built at a Workbench. He also carries a Shishkebab himself, if a player would be willing to kill him. Schematics can also be bought from Lucky Harith. Another set can be found near a workbench in red Brotherhood Outcast shack, southwest of SatCom Array NN-03d. The shack won't appear on the map, but is near the base of the hill where the Satcom is.
- The Firelance is obtained through a Random encounter in which a Alien Ship crashes and drops this weapon and Alien Power Cells.
- The Flamer can be found on Raiders, Brotherhood of Steel members, Outcasts, Enclave soldiers and can also be bought from various weapons vendors. The Mister Handy and Mister Gutsy robots also have in-built flamers, but these cannot be used, but you can take the fuel from them.
- The Shishkebab is a melee weapon and does not use ammo.
- Ammo for the Flamer can be found inside Mister Handy and Mister Gutsy robots when killed.
- Fire weapons seem to be very effective against Mirelurks, Yao Guai and Radscorpions, both normal and giant.
- When using fire weapons, one must consider the environment. For example, the Flamer is questionable at close quarters- yes, the enemy can't avoid it, but if used in real time in first person, it can blind the player to dangerous happenings. In addition, Nuka Grenades have a yield that is large enough to make the player think twice about sticking around after throwing it.
- The Firelance has limited ammo (Alien Power Cells are few and far between- it can be found with the other Alien Blaster and under a U.S. Army truck in a crater near Fort Bannister, along with some other areas. Due to its high critical rate and damage, it should be reserved for emergencies.
- The Burnmaster is unaffected by the Pyromaniac perk.