Click here to watch "Dead Space 2: Prologue [Fear with me - part1]" ----------
The Alien Blaster is one of the most powerful weapons in the game since a critical hit is guaranteed. You will more than often be able to take down any foe you encounter with one well-aimed shot to the head.
The Alien Blaster uses Alien Power Cells, a unique ammo that is extremely hard to find.
The Alien Blaster can be obtained next to the body of a dead alien lying a few feet away from his crashed spaceship. The Alien Crash Site is found due north of MDPL-13 Power Station and northwest of the Greener Pastures Disposal Site. There are only 120 Alien Power Cells found at the crash site.
The Alien Blaster can be given to Defender Casdin, in front of Fort Independence in exchange for a large amount of ammunition or aid items (it's worth 484 5.56mm or 20 stimpacks/radaway/frag grenades).
The only ways to repair the Alien Blaster aside from the usual vendors, are by using the Firelance as spare parts or alternatively, giving it to Defender Casdin, and stealing it back (or killing him and retrieving it from his corpse). It will be at 100% condition. It should be noted that pickpocketing Casdin is difficult, so you shouldn't give him the Alien Blaster unless you're prepared to pickpocket him unsuccessfully twenty or so times before you get your gun back (or whatever other item he'll accept that you want repaired to 100%).
Another way to steal it back is to use a Stealth Boy (I would have a spare just in case the escape takes too long). Even if you get caught the most you'll get is a "Caution" alert (note: as long as you remain in sneak mode and are not making too much noise). He will be looking for you but if you can get out of his range (i.e., the red indicator on your radar disappears and you get the "Hidden" status) you can fast travel to a safe location. After 3 to 4 game days Casdin resets and becomes friendly again.
It's also worth noting that this weapon, though very powerful, will quickly erode and be rendered useless, so stick to aimed headshots.
This weapon also has the effect of disintegrating any enemy killed with a critical shot by it (which is almost every shot), identical to a laser (with the exception that the disintegration effect is colored blue instead of red).
Alien Power Cells:
- 120 (10 magazines of 12 rounds) can be found in and around the Alien Crash Site.
- 96 (8 magazines of 12 rounds) can be found under an overturned truck in a radioactive crater west of Jury Street Metro Station (halfway to Fort Bannister, and south of VAPL-58 Power Station).
- 2-22 without the Scrounger perk (17 on average), or 2-122 with the perk (92 on average), can be found in two ammo boxes in Fort Independence, in the Outcast weapons room (Hard locked door) where you find the Miss Launcher.
- 24 can be found falling near you together with the Firelance in a random encounter.
- At Fort Independence, Protector Casdin has 12 that you can pickpocket (or kill him). Sometimes he is killed by an Enclave attack.