Flamer or Flamethrower is a big guns in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. They were also going to appear in Van Buren and it can be found in the Van Buren tech demo.
Fallout and Fallout 2编辑
|“||A Flambe 450 model flamethrower, Varmiter variation. Fires a short spray of extremely hot, flammable liquid. Requires specialized fuel to work properly.||”|
Fallout 3 编辑
It should be noted that big guns, such as the Minigun and the Flamer, are still pretty effective in Fallout 3 at closer ranges even if the player has no Big Guns skill thanks to the game's first-person shooter design.
The Flamer is by far the most effective Big Gun for close-quarters action, as it doesn't have the spin-up like the Minigun or the risk-to-self of the Missile Launcher or Fat Man. The Flamer is fairly common, as is its ammo, which can be found on any Mr. Gutsy and in many stores.
- Burnmaster - This Flamer deals exactly 50% more damage than the regular Flamer. However, it isn't affected by Pyromaniac, making the regular Flamer just as effective.
- Rapid-Torch Flamer (Broken Steel add-on) - Like Burnmaster, the Rapid-Torch can easily be eclipsed by the Flamer. The Rapid-Torch does use ever so slightly less Flamer Fuel, however.
- Slo-Burn Flamer (Broken Steel add-on) - The Slo-Burn does more damage than any other Flamer, but uses 3 times as much Fuel.
Tactics and Glitches编辑
Both tactics and glitches can be found on the discussion page of this article.
- A sneak attack critical, or a fatal critical strike, with the flamer (as with all fire based weapons) results in the targets body being vaporized, leaving only the torso intact. If the PC has Bloody Mess the torso may also become discombobulated. It should also be noted that anything annihilated by a critical strike will also create a small firestorm explosion similar to a Frag Grenade, posing a slight threat to anyone within a few meters of the target.
- As shown on the weapons page the flamer will do the same damage as the Burnmaster if the PC has the Pyromaniac perk, but will have an extra damage point on a critical (+1 for Burnmaster, +2 for flamer with pyromaniac) making it pointless to get the Burnmaster.
- Because of the pilot light on the front end of the Flamer (or any other variation of the Flamer) this weapon can accidentally ignite lingering gas vapors similarly to the Shishkebab. Be cautious when having the Flamer drawn in an area with gas vapors especially if the gas is used for something (Gold Ribbon Grocers)
- The Superior Defender and Ghoul Ecology perks both work with these weapons, combining them with the Pyromaniac perk and 100 Big Guns skill makes flamers absolutely devastating in your hands.
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel编辑
|“||Use the Flamethrower to burn down an advancing enemy or torch a group of marauders. They'll continue to burn for a few moments after you've let off the trigger, but be careful. That's a gas can strapped to your back now.||”|
A good weapon for Chapter 1, it unveils its full potential against several enemies.
- Taken off a male Communist Insurgent near the Vault.