Fallout 3 locations project
The memorial is heavily damaged but still standing. Many of its walls are blasted open, and the head on the Lincoln statue is missing. When the player first arrives at the location, he/she is threatened by Silas who tells the player to stay away from the Memorial. Through dialogue the player may be allowed to enter an entrance to the left of stairs where the player is met by Leroy Walker - who leads Silas and the slavers from Paradise Falls, who now occupy the Memorial. After talking with Leroy the player can start the Head of State quest this way instead of heading to the Temple of the Union and talking to Hannibal Hamlin. The player may not approach the memorial as the slavers will shoot. According to the slavers, it is kept under guard as to prevent slaves from getting any ideas about freedom, as well as making the grounds for slavery weaker in the Capital Wasteland. One slaver even mentions that the site might even be demolished to work away at the slave society's knowledge of Lincoln.
There is a Nuka-Cola Quantum located in the Memorial Maintenance Room on the ground floor on a metal shelf, where you meet Leroy Walker. It can be stolen with no karma loss. There are also some plain Nuka-Colas and other foods in the maintenance room and in the tents of the former slaves.
The Lincoln Memorial appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes编辑
- If you look closely at Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, inscribed in the northern wall of the memorial, the letter "F" in "Future" is slightly different than the other "F"s. This is because it was accidentally carved as an "E" originally and had to be corrected.
- The Lincoln Memorial can be seen on channel 8: Washington, DC of the Prepare for the Future teaser site.
- The in-game statue of Lincoln is actually much smaller than the real statue.
- Two words misspelled on the actual carving of Lincoln’s second inaugural address, energies (enerergies) and dissolve (dissole), are spelled correctly in the game.
- Sometimes followers can disappear if you are going in and out of the refugee tents after you have completed the quest Head of State in favor of the slaves. Dogmeat may run into the side of the tent for no reason. Waiting doesn't seem to help, but fast traveling does.(PS3 and 360)
- The beds used to sleep in disappear after completing Hannibal's quest.
- The game may crash once the player starts walking up to the memorial.
- Sometimes when entering for the first time the slavers will not be there.(Confirmed Xbox360)
- Sometimes Leroy Walker is not there or already inside the building. (Confirmed PC version)
- If you make Fawkes hostile inside the Lincoln Memorial, Hannibal Hamlin and his other members turn hostile. (Confirmed Xbox 360).