Fallout 3 locations project
Mason Dixon Salvage
The salvage yard can be found northwest of Paradise Falls and south-southwest of SatCom Array NN-03d. It is closest to Drowned Devil's Crossing, and can most easily be reached by traveling north from there.
The Mason Dixon Salvage is a Super Mutant camp. Be prepared to fight several of these monsters. While the difficulty scales with level, the encounter has a random variable, meaning you could be facing regular Super Mutants up to Super Mutant Overlord (Broken Steel). Seven angry mutants wielding super sledges and miniguns and two centaurs will make short work of anyone not paying attention (like temporary followers). Generally, though, there are only three or four, with one being a grade up from the others, and with better weapons to boot. Also, there may be a Deathclaw in the small hill. It will not hesitate to follow you into one of the shacks. There may be an Albino Radscorpion present too if you have the Broken Steel DLC.
There is a captive here, but captives cannot be enslaved as they just get stunned and you are unable to engage in any dialogue with them until it wears off, so if you're looking for bad karma just take what they have hidden and shoot them before they get too far. Be quick about it because they can run faster than you, leaving you with the good karma for saving them.
No karma event occurs at all if the captive is blown to smithereens in the massive car explosion possible at this location.
Once this location has been cleared out once, it becomes a dangerous location to fast-travel to, as the end point is directly inside a group of super mutants that have (most likely) already re-spawned.
- Tumblers Today in the southern shack next to the bed. (It may be under the bed, in that case try crouching or throwing a grenade behind the bed, at the southern wall.)
- Nikola Tesla and You in the western shack, on a table.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine also in the western shack, on the floor.
Nearby Locations of Note编辑
- To the north, about halfway between here and the SatCom Array NN-03d is an Abandoned Tent which contains a Nikola Tesla and You, a Nuka-Cola Quantum, and a few other handy items.
Behind the scenes编辑
- This could be based on the real place "Mason Dixon Auto Salvage", a junkyard on Rt 1 on the PA side of the MD/PA border (also called the Mason Dixon Line) with 18 acres of recyclable cars.
Fast Travel to this area will cause 3-4 Super Mutants and 2 Centaurs to spawn, even if you just cleared the place and fast traveled from the center of the spot.
The amount of Super Mutants in the area changes between night and day. At night, there is only one enemy that is always a Master. During the day, there is the 3-5 Super Mutants and the Centaurs. Be warned as the Mutants might be Overlords if Broken Steel is active. It is therefore much easier to free the hostage at night.
The game can freeze when coming to this location and the surrounding area. (Xbox 360)
The Mason Dixon Salvage appears only in Fallout 3.