|“||You see your sixth toe. It is a small mutated part of yourself. For some reason, you feel a terrible sense of loss as you look at the tiny amputated toe.||”|
- In order to acquire the mutated toe, the player must spend a certain amount of time in toxic waste without protection, causing the mutation to occur. The toe can then be removed and acquired in a medical center equipped with an auto-doc.
- It is important to note that having a mutated, unremoved toe will result in failure of the Vault City citizenship test.
- Some non-player characters claim the toe is a one hit K.O. device for destroying Frank Horrigan, but it's only a joke. Although it does lower his max HP by 3 points.
- In a rather humorous note the game responds with "You just ate your fucking toe!", whenever you consume it.
- The lump of brain in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout makes a direct reference with "you feel a terrible sense of loss." The Cure Research note in The Pitt also makes reference to the item.