Fallout 3 locations project
| ||關於the quest with the same name，參見Oasis (quest)。|
Harold, a special mutational product of the Forced Evolutionary Virus, who possessed a tree growing on his head which he called Bob (sometimes he calls it Herbert because, "Bob hates it"), eventually found himself overwhelmed by it and became rooted to the ground during his travels in the Capital Wasteland region. Here he was discovered by several people who began to worship him as a god, and a small and exclusive cult known as the Treeminders began to form in secrecy. Bob began to blossom (which Harold apparently finds embarrassing) and many plants grew in this area, which became green with life, a stark contrast to the outer wasteland.
When the Lone Wanderer arrived he/she was urged to talk to Harold. Harold revealed his true identity and begged for mercy; after being stuck in the same position for decades he was eager for death. The other dwellers of Oasis had ignored Harold's wishes thus far, and asked the Lone Wanderer to instead either suppress or expand Harold/Bob's fertility.
Oasis is situated almost at the top center of the map. It is surrounded by steep cliffs, and can only be entered through a small gorge by traveling west to east. If you have the map marker, just approach from the west. If not, follow the directions below.
How to find the gorge: Near the center of the north edge of the map, there is a road running parallel to a railway line. Follow the railway/road until you find two abandoned railway cars. At the northern most railroad car, stand on the eastern side of the car and face west. The letters "CMR" are visible on the side of the car. Behind the player will be a pile of highway debris. Turn around and proceed east over the pile of debris. There will be a bridge over a gorge. Crossing the bridge and following the path in a generally easterly direction will lead directly to Oasis. When looking at the local map, the gorge is located top left on the edge of the rocks.
It is possible to get the coordinates of the Oasis by killing the Drifter at Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel. There are also a pair (or more) of wandering Wastelanders found in a random encounter who will disclose the location, before attempting to kill the player, as well as a dying Wasteland Merchant.
- Tree Father Birch
- Leaf Mother Laurel
- Bloomseer Poplar
- Branchtender Linden
- Branchtender Maple
- Branchtender Cypress
- Sapling Yew
In the chamber immediately to the left of the door there is:
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine (inside a box with the baseball glove)
- Pre-War Book
- Silenced 10mm pistol
- Stealth Boy
At the bottom of the northern pond there is:
Continuing on in the east area of the chamber is:
On land, continuing around right side of cave there is:
- Sniper Rifle
- Combat Knife
- 10mm Pistol
- Ammunition Box
- Various Chems
- Nuka-Cola Quantum
- Fission Battery
- Three Dog will make a mention of a tree-filled place in the Capital Wasteland as one of his news items, although he admits he was "experimenting with jet" at the time. This is most likely the place to which he is referring.
- The Drifter hiding in Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel will have coordinates to Oasis on him.
Behind the scenes 编辑
- There is a place called Green Valley near Washington which is fairly close to the spot of Oasis.
- When you are allowed to speak with Harold, and he asks you to kill him, the bad karma response is, 'Sure. Where do you want the bullet, head or gut?', which--short of the bullet--is a quote from Bruce Willis in the film The Last Boy Scout.