Fallout 3 locations project
Our Lady of Hope Hospital
Our Lady of Hope Hospital is located near Vernon Square Station in the ruins of Downtown DC in the Capital Wasteland. It's a good source for medical supplies and explosives, and plays a role in the Reilly's Rangers quest.
There are entrances to the hospital from the Square as well as the Dry Sewers. A broadcasting antenna has fallen from the hospital into the Statesman Hotel, and the only way to enter the hotel's upper floors is by crawling over the antenna.
The ground floor has a large number of Super Mutants, including at least 2 Centaurs and 7 Super Mutant Brutes. With the Broken Steel add-on, you may also encounter a large number of Super Mutant Overlords through out the building, most of which wield a Tri-Beam Laser Rifle.
The terminal that controls the turret system is located in a room in the North East corner of the hospital lobby.
On the East side of the first floor, there is a locked (average) closet. Unlocking the closet reveals a still-functioning Mister Handy who will proceed to wander the halls and attack centaurs and super mutants, although he will be quickly killed by them. Also, there are 4 first aid boxes in here, making it worth some of your time.
In the eastern hallway there is an explosive (60 skill) baby carriage at the first ceiling lamp.
In the north end of the building in the cafeteria are several super mutants, as well as several traps, including:
- Frag Mine next to four fire extinguishers atop a gurney
- Grenade bouquet in the Women's bathroom rigged to a tripwire
- Both bathrooms have Microfusion Cell traps built into one of the cisterns that will zap you if you are to drink from the toilet. Both hold plenty of Microfusion cells.
- A room on the north east has 2 working computers, the one closest to the door has a tell-tale rotating sensor atop it, using the back plate of it reveals a frag grenade trap. This trap only activates when you use the front of the computer.'
- On the top stair leading up to the second floor balcony are 2 frag mines (the Super Mutant will usually detonate these if he runs to attack you)
- In the staircases several tripwires activate Grenade Bouquets.
- Pre-War Book can be found on the counter in the lobby on the first floor
- 1 D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine in a room at the South East corner of the hospital, ground floor. Turn northwest as you enter the room and it will be on a table next to the radio, below the clock.
- Another D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine is on a table in the Cafeteria on the second floor (next to the leaking gas pipe).
- As you enter the large room with scafolding and super mutant in it which appears to be what was once a waiting room, look up at the ceiling and notice that there is a hole in it. Shoot at the barrel poking out of it to make it fall out and stand back to watch a trail of skeletons and barrels fall to the ground. Whats more amusing is that after everything has fallen out there appears to be a full skeleton hanging upside down by its leg out of the hole! When viewed at the right angle (or using tcl in the console), you can see another skeleton holding the dangling one up.
- Upon entering near the front doors to the hospital there are two mutants sometimes standing in the middle of the front lobby (one patrols but always returns to speak with the other eventually). They discuss how they have not found any of the "green stuff" on their search. This is a reference to the Forced Evolutionary Virus. When you speak with Reilly (leader of Reilly's Rangers) she mentions that the super mutants are around the hospital area in concentrated numbers as if they were searching for something. This is due to their efforts to locate more of the depleting stocks of the virus they once had at vault 87 used to create their kind.
Our Lady of Hope Hospital appears only in Fallout 3.
- A player with exactly 60 Explosives skill may not be able to disarm the baby carriage trap; the game will still state that a 60 Explosives skill is necessary.
- When dropping multiple items at the same time within the Hospital, items beyond the first do not drop as expected but instead appear in the first floor room with the frag grenade computer trap, wall safe and Vernon Square exit. (PS3).
- In one of the men's restrooms, a teddy bear may get stuck in the wall, making a disturbing sound. You can see it barely, but you can grab it, too.
- A player may escape the map on the second level before crossing the fallen antennae. If the player turns left before going across, they must hug the wall and stay on the ledge. Then the player can enjoy an empty map.