The Police Baton is a melee weapon found in Fallout 3, consisting of a straight, extendable club.
- Although not very powerful, it has an extremely fast swing speed.
- Probably best used against opponents who aren't armed with melee weapons themselves as they will often block, stunning you for a few precious seconds. For this reason it's best to use VATS attacks on other melee opponents.
- It resembles the Club found in Fallout and Fallout 2.
- There was supposed to be a unique varient of the police baton called O'Grady's Peacemaker. It was supposed to be used by a Vault 101 security guard called O'Grady, who IS in the game, but was cut from the final game.
- Police Batons are found most commonly in Vault 101 being used by Security Guards.
- They are also frequently found on the bodies of Rivet City guards.
- They are rarely used by random Raiders and Talon Company Mercs.
- There have been instances of them on dead bodies in Vault 106 by Insane Survivors.
- They can also be found by searching random containers.
- Police Batons can be found next to skeletons with nearby Sunglasses and Police Hats in the Presidential Sub Level (Broken Steel.)