|“||Hold on, Rocketeers! Looking for a tour?||”|
REPCONN Headquarters is the headquarters building of REPCONN, a company based in Nevada that specialized in rocket manufacture.
REPCONN Headquarters is the home office of REPCONN Aerospace. It lies in the prewar town of "Henderson".
The building contains many hacking and lockpicking tasks. The main purpose of lockpicking and science in this location is to obtain security clearance so that the many defensive sentry bots do not become hostile. There are several safes as well, most of which can be opened with either Science or Lockpicking. The hardest of which are two very hard hacking terminals and one very hard locked door. The first very hard locked door and very hard terminal can be bypassed by playing your way through the entire building carefully. Behind them lies the unique weapon Q-35 matter modulator.
Outside the building, there are 3 friendly maintenance robots.
First (main) floor编辑
Upon entering the building, the player will find 3-5 Fiend corpses and a number of maintenance robots. The area has several locked doors and safes. The most notable is the Very Hard-Locked door that leads to the unique plasma rifle, the Q-35 Matter Modulator. This weapon can also be obtained via the second level through another locked door, however this is only a hard lock and not a very hard lock. There is a tour guide REPCONN robot that will greet you upon entering the facility. He will tell you to return between the hours of 10AM and 5PM (if it is not any time between then). If you choose to wait, you will get to take a free tour, thus avoiding all lockpicking (unless you want to gain XP from doing so) that is needed to get to the utility room located in the orrery where you will find Jenny Millet's security keycard. After you get the keycard, you can enter your face into the facial recognition database. It is behind the locked door the Fiend corpses are in front of, using the (average lock) terminal at the front of the room that you enter.
Note: There are 12 hidden doors throughout the building (starting at the tour bot), they require 8 Perception in order to detect them and 65 Repair to jam them closed. The "Watch Your Step!" display during the tour warns of the hidden danger (though doesn't give an exact number), similar to how the "Ready, Set, Launch!" display warns of the possible repercussions for Novac. Jamming all of the doors closed is worth 540 XP (45 XP each) with no modifiers such as Well Rested or Swift Learner. This is 60 XP less than what the sentry bots are worth (50 XP each). Though killing the bots requires ammunition or other resources that may be in scarce supply, most have missiles making the ammunition investment worthwhile.
- Hidden door: The first door in the building is to the left of the rocket display, along the wall between the bathroom door and the door leading to the exhibits.
- Hidden door 2: Along the left wall of the second exhibit room (rocket room).
- Hidden door 3: Through the first door on the right after entering the building ("average" lock), then to the left of the regular door at the other end of the room.
- Hidden door 4: Go through the regular door next to the above hidden one, its at the end of the hallway through the "very hard" locked door. Right beside the Q-35 matter modulator chamber.
- Second floor access: For purposes of this guide use the stairs, not the collapsed ceiling behind the "very hard" locked door.
You may gain semi-free access to the second floor by passing a difficulty 7 Intelligence challenge at one of the mobile facial recognition scanners. Mentats may help you if your Intelligence isn't high enough. You also have the option of quickly finding a very easy hackable computer on this floor to add your facial data to the database.
A REPCONN second floor security card can be found in one of the rooms on this floor. It is in the same room as the terminal where you can print the third floor executive pass. This is required to get past the maintenance robots who will request that you vacate the floor, even if you're visiting between the hours of 10AM and 5PM.
There is a door that leads to a room "REPCONN Office Main Floor" that requires a keycard to access. Inside there is a hole in the floor that will lead to the unique plasma rifle, allowing players to get the plasma rifle with little effort.
There is a hard locked terminal on this floor at which you may print out a pass that allows safe passage on the top floor. This is useful in the event that you are unable to hack the very hard locked terminal allowing access on the top floor and if you are unable to pass the 7 LCK check with the mobile facial recognition scanner. To the left of this terminal, along the back wall is a first aid box that may be invisible to the player until they scroll over it.
- Hidden door 5: Directly to the right of the security poster when entering from the stairs to the first floor.
- Hidden door 6: Right of the facial recognition terminal, left of the regular door out of the room. To find the terminal on this floor, go left and through the bathroom when coming up the stairs mentioned above.
- Hidden door 7: When using the regular door next to the above hidden one, head straight to the end of the hall, go right through the broken wall. The hidden door is to the left of the well preserved corporate espionage poster.
- Hidden door 8: From the above hidden door go out the regular door on the other side of the poster, turn right and then take the first left. At the intersection then turn left, the door is along the left wall here.
- Hidden door 9: From the last door, enter the small office on the right (the one without a collapsed ceiling), the southwest cubicle in the room has the final hidden door on the floor.
- Third floor access: Use the office opposite this last door and the ceiling ramp to reach the third floor.
In order to remain protected from the robots, you must possess a 7 or higher Luck or an Intelligence of 2 or less which allows you to guess the password (which is Ice Cream). Giving the correct password once is all that is required. You can also find a REPCONN third floor security card in Piers Isley's briefcase close to two dead Brotherhood of Steel paladins near the main entrance to the third floor. In the room with an Average lock (across the hall from the REPCONN office main floor) is another terminal with a scrambled message on it. This contains the password to Isley's terminal on the 3rd floor, which you would otherwise have to hack. It is possible to destroy the mobile facial recognition scanners and sneak around the floor, but without high sneak this will almost surely trip a security alarm and release sentry bots.
You also have a choice of disabling the robots on one of the executive computers. If you do so, you can then destroy the maintenance and scanner bots with no impact to karma. The alarms also will not go off.
You will also visit during the quest Still in the Dark for the BoS to find the missing patrol. The missing patrol can be found dead on the third floor; you are free to loot their T-51b power armor and Laser rifles. Nearby lies a skeleton and Piers Isley's Briefcase; it contains 200 pre-War money and a REPCONN third floor security card allowing you to move on the third floor without the harassment from robots, as well letting you open the Very-Hard locked door (on the first floor) to the Q-35 Matter Modulator. It should be noted that even if you fail the identification challenge of the robots on the third floor, the 30 seconds they give you to leave is ample time to empty the briefcase and run once you know where it is.
- Hidden door 10: Use the door on the right when first appearing on the floor, the hidden door is along the right wall in the bathroom.
- Hidden door 11: Turn around and head down through the bathroom, step through the hole in the wall and its along the right wall.
- Hidden door 12: When exiting through the large double doors in the room you entered for the last door, turn right and head through the open doorway, turn left and head to the end of the hall. In this room head through the hole in the wall, turn left and the final door in the building is between the file cabinet and bookshelf.
- The Q-35 matter modulator, a unique plasma rifle. It's levitating in an orange cylinder that lies behind a Very Hard locked door on the first floor, near the Shipping sign. The Very Hard terminal outside this door also unlocks the door, as does a keycard that's found on the third floor. This room can also be accessed via the Hard locked door marked as "Door to REPCONN Office Main Floor" on the second floor and dropping down through the broken floor.
- Big Book of Science, first floor gift shop, in a hard locked room and on the table behind the big book of science are 2 bottles of Nuka-Cola Victory and Quartz.
- 2 copies of Nikola Tesla and You: One is on top of the safe in the same room as the Q-35 matter modulator. The other is on the second floor, next to a very easy locked terminal on a desk.
- In the gift shop, through the double doors on the left of the main entrance when you enter, where you are also greeted by the tour guide, is a locked door. Behind this door are two Nuka-Cola Victorys and two Nuka-Cola Quartz on a table.
- 5 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps: There is one located on the first floor in between two bottles on a desk behind the security terminal, one in the gift shop. One in a room with 4 desks on the second floor (where you find a red keycard). One on the third floor in the room with the large semi-circular desk on the floor near the shelf with the empty bottles on it (Piers Isley's office), and one in the north-east most room of the third floor, on the desk with the very hard terminal on it (Leonard Steeple's Office).
- 200 pre-War money on the top floor in Piers Isley's briefcase.
- 580 microfusion cells in the office main floor (storage room to the right of the entrance, a desk in the same area and further down in the shipping room).
- ED-E My Love
- Still in the Dark
- A Final Plan for Esteban
- Man-Machine Interface (GRA 3-Star challenge)
- There is an unlocked door leading south from the solar system display. Up the stairs Jenny Millet's security keycard can be found on a console by a skeleton. The card unlocks the door on the right as soon as the player enters the building. It also allows the player to pass the mobile facial recognition scanner security check (greeting you as Mrs. Millet). It makes the same sound as caps when picked up.
- Before or during the tour by the tour guide you may ask it about the history of REPCONN. When asked about the history of REPCONN he will talk about how the company was purchased by RobCo in late 2076, but when asked about RobCo he will say RobCo purchased the company in 2075.
- There are many hidden doors along the walls that can be detected with a Perception of 8 or higher. With 65 repair skill, the door can be jammed to prevent a security bot from responding from that alcove in the event an alarm is sounded.
- When the speech check on the second floor is passed (with Intelligence 7), the code given to the mobile facial recognition scanner is "09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B". This is a reference to the leaked AACS encryption key used to protect digital content on HD-DVDs and Blu-ray Discs that was leaked in 2007.
- If the mobile facial recognition scanners are killed before they start a conversation with the player, the alarm will not be activated.
REPCONN Headquarters appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Template:Platforms Picking up Isley's security badge out of the briefcase doesn't seem to affect the mobile facial recognition scanners' luck/intelligence check.
- Template:Platforms The robots asking for facial recognition on floors 2 and 3 will re-ask every few minutes or so, making earning speech challenges a breeze. Switching from floor to floor does not seem to speed up the process.
- Template:Platforms Printing the executive pass may not always work, as it may simply disappear after a few seconds and thus not make it to the top floor.
- Template:Platforms The safe in the gift shop can be unlocked twice as two safes have been coded in the exact same location. Slightly move your cursor up or down to select the second safe. The contents will be different than the first safe.
- Template:Platforms If you kill all the robots without disintegrating them, then go to the top floor and go to the terminal on the big desk and click 'Disable Robots', you can go to all their dead bodies and punch them a couple times and it counts as killing them again and you get more experience points.