Fallout 3 locations project
Reclining Groves Resort Homes
The Reclining Groves Resort Homes is located north of Germantown Police HQ and west-northwest from the MDPL-13 Power Station in the Capital Wasteland. It is a collection of simple homes now obliterated by the nuclear war.
In the east, a Scavenger has set up shop in a barn. There you can find a very hard (lockpick 100) footlocker containing a Combat Shotgun and a Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual - but be careful of the dog. One of the houses in the east also contains a Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor on a shelf.
Across the road to the south is a small hill where a wooden plank door leads to a warren home to Vicious dog inhabitants. At the end are two corpses, one of whom has either a Laser Pistol or a Laser Rifle and appropriate ammunition depending on your level.
The resort is also one of the possible locations for a random encounter.
Note: (Glitch) Near the location is an abandoned barn with a second floor that house ammo crates, closet and a locked footlocker (very hard). The glitch works if the enclave has already put up a post. After taking down the guards at the posting, head to the second floor of the barn and take a one hour nap. Upon the next hour, enclave will spawn again. Cycle repeats until morning. If you are able to take down these guards, you will be able to receive XP points (if you haven't already reached the cap) and Enclave Officer Uniform, Tesla Armor and Enclave Power Armor. Also, a Gatling Laser and flamer may also be in their arsenal, so be careful. In addition, Enclave soldiers may spawn without the sleep glitch. A Vertibird will land and dispatch Enclave soldiers near the ruined houses as well as Giant Radscorpion.
To the west of this location a friendly Enclave soldier can be found carrying a Missile Launcher and seems to be followed by a pack of Brahmin, if you try to talk to him he only says 'hello' and the only dialogue choice is to say 'see you'. Possibly a glitch? or a random encounter.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor on a shelf in the houses to the east. In the first burned out house due west of the scavenger barn, near the mattress and dresser. On top of the shelf.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual in the scavenger's barn to the east. It's in the personal footlocker of the scavenger under a very hard lock, and therefore must be stolen with a karma loss. If there is no scavenger (dead?), there is no karma loss for any of the loot in the barn.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes near the top of the cliff north east of the barn, at the base of a tree amongst 2 dead bodies and some tin cans.
- First Aid Box is in the western most burned out house, nearest to the bridge.
- Teddy Bear is in the house on top of the shelves, south of the house with the first aid box.
- In several mailboxes, there is a Letter from Vault-Tec. It tells the resident of the corresponding home, who apparently applied for entrance to a Vault, that they were not accepted and to try to relocate to a Vault in Oklahoma or "newly-annexed" Canada.
- Assorted bits of Power Armor, laser and plasma weapons can be found here. Being as there was a fight between 2 Giant Radsciopeds, 4 Radiers, and 2 Outcast brotherhood with a robot in tow.
Reclining Groves Resort Homes only appears in Fallout 3.