Fallout 3 locations project
Statesman Hotel is a twelve-story building in the ruins of Washington, D.C. To access the majority of the building, you must go through Our Lady of Hope Hospital and cross the fallen radio mast. The building is inhabited by Super Mutants and Centaurs, but is a good source of ammunition and explosives.
The Statesman Hotel served upper-class clientele pre-war, based upon terminal entries written by the concierge, along with entries from the Nurse's terminals in Our Lady of Hope. The Statesman Hotel serves a role in the Reilly's Rangers quest, as well as having ties to Stealing Independence and Agatha's Song. The hotel has two entrances, one on street level, and one accessed from Our Lady of Hope. There are four areas to the hotel, the ground floor, mid-level, restaurant, and roof.
A Delta IX rocket lies nearby, emitting large amounts of radiation.
Notable Loot 编辑
Because the hotel can be quite confusing, the loot is listed from the bottom, up.
Bottom floor (accessible from the street)编辑
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor in the north-eastern room on the second floor, on a desk, next to a phone and 2 coffee mugs.
- Theo's Ammo Box, in the first (southwest) stairwell you reach upon entering the Statesman from the fallen tower bridge. Part of the Reilly's Rangers quest.
- A Note from Little Moonbeam's Father -- one way to get Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG from Sydney after completing Stealing Independence. The note is under a skeleton lying on a white twin bed. The bed, opposite a queen-size bed, is in a suite on the 3rd floor (the second new floor you reach after finding Theo), near the center of the map, one section south of the elevator to the Hotel Restaurant.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual on the top floor of the middle level (a floor higher than the door to the restaurant). It's in a small room off the hallway that leads to the stairs to the upper level. As you are headed to the stairs the room is on the right (interior side). The room will have plungers on the floor in the corner and a bookshelf in front with a row of desk lamps. In the bookshelf, lower left corner next to some Abraxo Cleaner boxes. Not to be confused with the locked janitor closet one floor below.
- A Grognak the Barbarian is on a shelf in the Alfresco Lounge bar area at the middle of main room. Next to a Sawed-Off Shotgun, ammo and ammo boxes.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum is on a shelf in the bar area. Behind the counter. Near the sawed-off shotgun mentioned above.
- If you don't have one and need one for fixing the elevator, the building's sole Fission Battery is located on a Maintenance Protectron in a closet behind the southwest set of stairs in the main Alfresco Lounge bar.
- Sheet Music Book near the music stands and chairs. It is used for helping out Agatha after you receive the Soil Stradivarius during Agatha's Song
Behind the Scenes编辑
This is a re-creation of the Willard Hotel in D.C. Every president since 1804 has spent time in the Willard Hotel and it is said that the lobby of the hotel is where the term "lobbying" originated.
- Warning: During the Reilly's Rangers quest, it is possible for the Player Character to be temporarily trapped in this building if the Fission Battery used for repairing the roof's elevator is lost. If this occurs, the PC will find that the door that leads to Our Lady of Hope Hospital via a fallen girder is inaccessible by normal means, as it is on the floor above the bedroom which the PC drops into to enter the hotel. To reach this upper floor, five Large Scorched Books are required; any book will work, but is much easier with large books. If these are stacked on the very edge of the bookcase as close to the door as possible, the PC will be able to jump from the top of the stack onto the next floor and escape the hotel.
- Just outside the entrance to the Hotel is a crashed Delta IX Rocket. The missile seems to be pumping out a disagreeable amount of radiation, and also appears to have drawn several Super Mutants into the exposed sewer at the base of its crater. In this sewer can be found a D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine, a decent condition Scoped .44 Magnum, a Stealth Boy and a small supply of ammo and chemicals, though the radiation in these tunnels can be lethal without a rad-suit (one is nearby in a personal protection shelter) or a supply of Rad-X/RadAway.
- There is a box of ammunition in a stairwell next to one of Reilly's Rangers (Theo), now dead, that can only be unlocked using a code given by Reilly herself. This box is part of the Reilly's Rangers mission. Reilly can be found lying on the bed in The Chop Shop (Underworld), you can revive her, or you can have Doctor Barrows revive her with a speech check to start the Reilly's Rangers quest. She will give you the code for the ammo box.
- On the mid level in the room with the Nuka Cola machine, there appears to be a man who drank himself to death with Nuka Cola.
- If you have cleared the Hotel before, watch out, a random encounter on the roof may include (if you have Broken Steel) two Super Mutant Overlords.
Concierge terminal complaint database编辑
Behind the scenes编辑
- On the second floor of the hotel, there is a room labeled "217" and has blood and scratches on it, and is also barricaded off. This is a reference to Stephen King's novel "The Shining".
- In one of the rooms, there is a skeleton in a bathtub that is posed in striking resemblance to David's depiction of Marat, a famous painting of the death of a French journalist.
- The Statesman Hotel could be a refrence to the Statesman Motel in VA, though not in DC it is very close to (possibly within) the game map.