Fallout 3 locations project
The Takoma Industrial is an abandoned factory in Takoma Park in Downtown DC, and apparently once manufactured Abraxo Cleaner. In the years since the Great War, it has become a stronghold for Super Mutants. It is, in fact, a miracle that there is any building here at all, considering that behind the factory (you have to go through the back door) there is a massive bomb crater right up against the side of the building. In this crater, you will find Isabella Proud, a scientist who was researching the behaviour of feral ghouls, which is explained on her terminal.
Be sure to investigate all of the exits, as two of them lead to locations that are otherwise inaccessible. The elevated door in the north wall leads to the factory's "backyard", which has a tent with beds and several lootable boxes; the elevated door in the east wall of the southern section of the factory leads to a balcony with a Sniper Rifle and several .308 Caliber Rounds.
To the southwest outside of the compound, through a closed gate, there is a Behemoth with three other Super Mutants outside an auto shop. Just after opening the gate, there is a set of planks leading up onto to roof of a truck, where the dead body of a mercenary lies, On his corpse you will find the Takoma Park Artillery Note explaining Talon Company are operating in the area. The artillery switch next to the merc's corpse can aid dramatically in taking down the Behemoth. After 5-6 launches, the switch will break and you will be prompted to attempt to fix the switch. A 30 or higher repair skill will enable you to repair the switch, after which it will not break again (allowing essentially unlimited bombardment of the Behemoth).
- Lying, Congressional Style can be found on a bookshelf in the eastern section of the factory.
- Sniper Rifle and ammunition on the balcony that is reachable from the inside of the factory (southern part).
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in Takoma Motor, the auto shop southwest of the factory.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in a crate on a ledge: follow the western stairs up, go straight ahead, then over a makeshift walkway, and jump down to a generator and the Quantum. (You can climb back up using the wooden 'ladder'.)
- This factory has 81 boxes of Abraxo Cleaner, the largest supply of abraxos in the Capital Wasteland.
- Northeast of the Factory is Isabella Proud's camp.