Fallout 3 locations project
Takoma Park is a small shopping center with a Metro station, a bank, the Nifty Thrifty pawnshop, and a few homes.
The area is rife with Super Mutants. You are also likely to get trapped by either Talon Company at the derelict home, or at Takoma Industrial. Also a location for one of the wasteland's Super Mutant Behemoths.
Points of Interest编辑
- The Nifty Thrifty's pawnshop with Takoma Park Little Leaguer Cap (but very little else).
- Heading East past Nifty Thrifty and up the hill towards point (D) there is a junction bearing off to the right past a Pulowski Preservation Shelter, inside the shelter there is an ammo box. Past this a semi-trailer lies up a mound of rubble which blocks this road. In the trailer can be found 3 ammo boxes and 2 Stimpaks.
- Shortly past this junction, towards point (D), there is a mini-camp from which a second wave of Super Mutants attack. Within the camp can be found two ammo boxes containing missiles (3 or 4) with Scrounger perk (8 or 9), one of the boxes is an average (lockpick 50%). Two first aid kits contain a Blood Pack, Bobby Pin (2), Rad-X, Purified Water, Stimpaks (2), and a bed that you can sleep in.
- The area provides direct access to Takoma Industrial at the north end of the map, through a derelict home (D).
- SouthWest of Takoma Industrial, at Takoma Motor Auto Shop, is a camp for a Super Mutant Behemoth, that you can take out with artillery (!) triggered by a switch on top of a truck (C).
- Isabella Proud's camp can be found behind Takoma Industrial (A). The only way to access this area is by entering the factory, going up the stairs that are capped by a wooden plank with a skeleton and barrel on (beware: the skeleton will shiver and try to knock you off), exiting to the roof, descending the stairs to the path that run next to the irradiated canal, and crossing the canal via the downed antenna tower. Once on the northern side of the canal, go north through the gap between the buildings that is north of the tent. Actually you can also get to it by jumping over the eastern rock then crouching and following the outside of the first fence (the one with the one way plank) you get to.
- Near Isabella Proud's camp there is a alleyway that if you jump over some concrete (the concrete makes the path) you can find a Chinese Assault Rifle, 2 ammo boxes, a few beers, Pork N beans,and Rad Away. A skeleton and a camp fire (not lit, made out of a tire)
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in Takoma Motor Auto Shop.
- Takoma Park Little Leaguer Cap in Nifty Thrifty's
- Lying, Congressional Style and Sniper Rifle with ammo in Takoma Industrial
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in Takoma Industrial. From the room with a rigged computer is a small makeshift ladder you can hop down. Sitting atop this ledge is a skeleton and a generator. The Nuka Cola Quantum is behind the generator.
- Takoma Park is named after the actual city, Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Ironically, the actual city of Takoma Park is officially declared a Nuclear-free zone
- There is a dead, but still blinking, Wastelander in the Pulowski Preservation Shelter up the hill from Nifty Thrifty's.
- You can climb the rubble to the left of Isabella Proud's camp facing the camp from the pool. From here you can go off the map.
Traveling from GNR to Takoma Park  <youtube>FXiEcpT_Es8</youtube>