Tesla Cannon (Beta)
The Beta Tesla Cannon is a cut version of the Tesla Cannon, presumably an early beta version. It is aesthetically identical to a Missile Launcher and uses Missiles as its ammunition source. It can be obtained via a glitch or console commands.
As already mentioned the weapon is both identical to and uses the same ammunition as ordinary Missile Launchers, but still fires the same blast of electricity as the normal Tesla Cannon. This Beta Tesla Cannon (though it is just called "Tesla Cannon" in the game) delivers less damage then the actual Cannon, and uses up more A.P. per shot, but it can actually be repaired by ordinary Missile Launchers (but not vice versa). This means that unlike the Tesla Cannon, the Beta Tesla Cannon can be repaired to 100% indefinitely (assuming the player's Repair skill is high enough).
One copy of this weapon can be found outside the map boundaries at Satellite Relay Station. It is obtainable via some rather tricky jumping or console commands. It is also possible to be obtained by Dogmeat. Using Dogmeat's weapon finding command then waiting a few hours should glitch him to where the weapon is, outside of the map. Once you find Dogmeat, he will give you the weapon.
- The Beta Tesla Cannon is actually found levitating above a table with 3 ammo crates of Missile Ammo underneath.
Obtaining the Weapon编辑
- This glitch is best utilized during the Liberty Prime destruction sequence, after Liberty Prime blows up and his head is propelled southwards use his head as reference and head south-west towards an outcropping of rocks and you should soon hit an invisible wall, denoting the map boundary, after trying to jump up onto a ledge. After you are in a position where you can see the wasteland but you are blocked by the invisible wall SAVE the game here.
- Reload that same save, and while the game is loading, start pushing forward on the left stick and jumping repeatedly until the game loads and your character has jumped (you may need to reload and try again) past the invisible wall.
- Now that you have jumped the invisible wall head slightly south as you are going westwards. You will eventually come across a table with a what appears to be a Missile Launcher levitating on top and 3 ammo boxes underneath. This weapon is the Beta Tesla Cannon, and the ammo boxes contain some Missiles.
- Exit the cliffs from the way you got up. If you can't however don't worry as there is another way to get back inside the Map boundary: you can skirt round to the North side of the map and jump down from on top of the building that got partially blown up during the Liberty Prime set-piece. It is also possible to get out by jumping over the concrete supports. Find your way to the concrete support that is on the opposite side of the concrete support next to Liberty Prime's head. You can find it by moving in the direction towards the satellite dishes. Jump on top of the concrete support and jump down and you'll be back on the right side of the map. This method of exiting has only been tested on the XBox 360, but my work on other platforms. It is also possible to go to the fence in the south, and drop into the map proper by exiting off the concrete fence support, and angling toward the inside of the fence.
- If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 then you can obtain this weapon even after you complete the quest. As soon as you exit the Rockland Car Tunnel go south to the fenced area and just use the 5mm ammo crates to build stairs on the right side against the concrete support. There is no invisible wall over the fence. After you get over the fence, go directly south to a small outcrop on the rocks just in front of two trees that are really close together. Stay in between the rocks and the power line towers and head toward the relay station. The Beta Tesla Cannon will be to your right.
- If you get stuck and have a follower with you, they should stay within the boundary and come close enough for you to attack them. Use a melee weapon to V.A.T.S target them and you will be able to get free. Make sure you only use fists to make them stay friendly. This works to get back past the invisible wall at any point.