The Tire Iron is a melee weapon found in Fallout 3.
- This common weapon, often used by Raiders, isn't very strong compared to other melee weapons such as sledgehammers, but keeping a melee weapon in your inventory is advisable if you tend to run out of ammo for your ranged weapons.
- It is repaired with other tire irons, and can be bought at several shops throughout the Wastelands.
- Although not a highly damaging weapon, it has a rapid attack, so many blows can be landed quickly.
- The Tire Iron seems to be a weaker Lead Pipe with a different model as they share the same sounds and swing style/speed.
- Highwayman's Friend - Slightly more powerful than the regular Tire Iron, the Highwayman's Friend is also more than twice as durable. However, it weighs two more pounds than its non-unique cousin.