Tri-Beam Laser Rifle
The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle is a ranged laser rifle shotgun.
The weapon has the appearance of a "sawed-off" laser rifle, missing the tube on the bottom length of the barrel and having a new emitter aperture and attached wires. It also has a black-green, darker tone than the standard laser rifle. Unlike other laser rifles, each shot depletes 3 rounds of the weapon's ammunition, the Microfusion Cell, so it has an actual clip size of only 8. (24 ÷ 3 = 8)
- This weapon can only be repaired with other Tri-Beam Laser Rifles.
- This weapon looks much bigger than it really is when held by an Overlord.
- Repairing the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle can be difficult, as only the hard-to-kill Super Mutant Overlords carry this weapon.
- This weapon is smaller than a normal AER9 Laser Rifle yet it's one pound heavier.
- With some skill in Energy Weapons the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle will set off cars in one shot
- This weapon has an Object Effect that makes it do 40 additional HP damage when the target is the player. This explains why it seems to do high damage when in the hands of Super Mutant Overlords, but has a decrease in performance when used by the player.
- This weapon is smaller than it appears on the Pip-Boy.
- Because this weapon fires 3 beams at once, the Tri-Beam wears down much faster than most other Laser Rifles. Expect to perform constant maintenance on it, especially after heavy firefights.
Tri-Beam Laser Rifle vs. Metal Blaster 编辑
- The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle has a longer effective range.
- The Metal Blaster has a slightly shorter effective range.
- The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle will do more damage with a VATS sneak attack (only one critical bonus allowed per VATS attack).
- The Metal Blaster will deal greater damage in a non-VATS sneak attack (one critical bonus per beam allowed in free-aim).
- The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle will generally do more damage for a player with a low critical chance.
- The Metal Blaster will generally do more damage for a player with a high critical chance.
- The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle uses three Microfusion Cells.
- The Metal Blaster uses only one cell per discharge.
- The Tri-Beam Laser Rifle is repairable only with other Tri-Beam Laser Rifles.