Fallout 3 locations project
VAPL-58 Power Station
The VAPL-58 Power Station is a set of fenced-in power lines and transformers next to a Power Substation, located South-South-West of Arefu, west of Vault 106. The substation here is the only in the game where you have access to the roof. The transmission line remaining tore down a hole in fences, making it possible for players to exit power station without going through the gate.
Notable loot 编辑
- There is a Nuka-Cola Quantum lying on top of the workbench.
- A Stealth Boy is in the back on the control panels of the station.
- A copy of Dean's Electronics is by the safe in the substation.
- The ladder on the east wall inside the station leads to the roof and a BB gun, BB ammunition, and a copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes.
- On the hanging lights, just below the ceiling in the middle of the room is a Mini Nuke, jump to take it.
- The shelter to the southeast of the Power Station contains a Nuka Cola Quantum hidden in the grass, as well as a Teddy Bear.
- The 1st Keller Family Transcript is to the north of the Power Station, three towers away in a boarded up area at the base of the tower. There is a locked foot locker (very hard), containing a Pre-War Book and a Mini Nuke. However, depending on level, there can be anywhere from 2 to 3 Ghoul Wastelanders here. They are immediately hostile and one will run for the Assault Rifle on the bookshelf with the footlocker should the player not kill them fast enough.
- Just a short walk South of the station (on the map: one-and-a-half grids due East of Fort Bannister) is a large irradiated crater with an overturned military truck with lots of Alien Power Cells. In a small Merc camp on the North edge of the crater are a locked personal footlocker and a safe (both rated easy), both with random loot. (There are many small irradiated craters in the area, one with an overturned truck in water, but this is in a very large, dry crater.)
- There are incidental items potentially useful at a Workbench including more than one Motorcycle Gas Tank at least one Leather Belt, Motorcycle Handbrake, and Surgical Tubing, Also on certain occasions you can find a Bottle-cap mine on the bottom shelf of the work bench .
- A safe (rated very hard) containing random loot. The terminal close to the safe is also rated very hard and unlocks the safe.
- Appears in Fallout 3 only.
- The mercenary bodies may be vibrating in place, causing an irritating thumping noise when you walk in the substation, you can stop this by blasting the bodies away to scraps.
- As well it has been noted that when you about to pick up the 30 Handy flamethrower recipes skill book it will fall into the roof and no way of reclaiming it (Confirmed for PS3).