Fallout 3 locations project
The battered remains of the monument are still standing, towering above the ruins of the old capital city. On closer examination, it is shown that it is used as a military position and the interior frame is clearly exposed. It is possible to see The Washington Monument from nearly everywhere being the tallest structure in the game.
The top of this is one of the highest locations in the game, and through the cracks, you can see past the Capitol Building.
Washington Monument has been claimed by the Brotherhood of Steel. Although the Brotherhood are somewhat leveled characters, they are often killed off by the more numerous Super Mutants.
When you enter, you will notice 2 caved in doors to either side of you, and an elevator in front of you. You can only go to the elevator, which prompts a loading screen. At the top there are some machines, probably used for the Galaxy News Radio signal.
There is no real loot at the top, other than four boxes of 12 10-mm rounds and a Metal Helmet, though the Monument can be considered of some value as a local base for someone exploring the D.C. ruins, due to the bed at the Monument's peak and the guaranteed safety within.
There is a Missile Launcher and 3 Missiles, as well as an Ammunition Box containing more Missiles, immediately behind the monument (inside the barricade fences). Jump on the bench and jump over the broken window.
- You can use the Monument as a home of sorts because dropped items don't seem to disappear from it. (unconfirmed)
- The Monument can be seen from high locations all around D.C. To the north of D.C. you can see the top of the monument but looking at your pipboy map you actually don't face the monument according to your marker, even though you're facing it in the game.
The Washington Monument appears in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes编辑
- The actual Washington Monument is built almost entirely of masonry; there is no steel framework in the interior.
- In the PC version, traveling behind the monument can cause the player to get stuck in the wall/fence surrounding the monument.
- Sometimes quick traveling from the top of the monument will cause the elevator to stay on the top floor, upon re-entering the Monument you are in a room with blacked out hallways and only the elevator is accessible. Entering it causes you to go down to the bottom floor and then have to go all the way up again. (Xbox 360 and PS3 confirmed)
- On the Xbox 360, once the Brotherhood of Steel Initiates die from the constant Super Mutant attack, they do not seem to respawn.
- Jefferson Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Museum of American History
- Museum of Technology
- National Archives