The Westside is a district of New Vegas, located west of the New Vegas Strip. Though it is one of the poorer residential areas of the city, it houses its own militia and has, unlike every other part of the city, become more or less self-sufficient, growing its own food and maintaining its own water supply.
While it appears poor and run down at first glance, the community produces enough food, clothes, weapons and medicine to encourage trade. The locals prize their independence and work hard for the common good. The Westside Co-op formed to better organize their work, eventually creating enough food to both meet the needs of the community and trade with the outside.
Westside Militia maintains order and defends the settlement from Fiends and wildlife. A former Follower, Anderson works with the citizens to keep Westside independent from the New California Republic.
The larger part of the neighborhood, exposed to the Mojave Wasteland, is surrounded by a small network of walls, while the residential and commercial area is walled completely, except for two gates. The Westside's services include a food store, a brothel, a liquor store, a pawn shop, and a fighting arena where matches can both be fought and bet upon.
The New Vegas Westside proper has east and south entrances. The Thorn and the Casa Madrid Apartments lie outside the southern entrance to the residential area but within the outer wall. The Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters, which is south of the Westside, is about halfway in between the Westside and the South Vegas Ruins.
- Tom Anderson
- Dermot, Prospector.
- Clayton Etienne, Owner of Westside Co-op.
- Jimmy, Prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Judah Kreger, Farmer and Security.
- Klamath Bob, Liquor Store Owner.
- Marco, Owner of Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Maude, Prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Mean Sonofabitch, Escaped super mutant slave.
- Pretty Sarah, Pimp at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Saint James, Slaver.
- Sweetie, Prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Westside residents
- Westside citizens
- All non-unique Westside residents (i.e. Westside Militias and Westside residents) will respawn after 3 days if killed. Westside Militia at the perimeter of the community will periodically get into firefights with randomly spawned Fiends.
- The truck just along from Miguel's Pawn Shop explodes spectacularly if shot in the hood, injuring any passer-by but is otherwise ignored and doesn't have a negative effect on the player's status.
Westside appears in Fallout: New Vegas.